2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just isnt a natural striker - when we get one you'll know exactly what I mean.

We were pretty average in Koemans 1st season truth be told but for all Roms faults his goals/ having 2 defenders on him all the time bought us valuable points that we currently dont get with the likes of DCL in the side.

God knows what the plan is with Kean

Pretty sure today he did everything you asked for and also hit the post.

Having a proper striker changes everything - the space they find/create naturally or their hold up/bringing the midfield/wingers into play not to mention getting on the end of chances.

Oh it's a great finish mate. But we looked sooooooooo much better without him starting, we were quicker, more movement, breaking with pace, everything we lack when he's playing.
Iwobi may not be as potent a goal scorer but he brings more to the team and we play better overall. Had more shots on goal than in any game Siggurdson has played in this season.

Not at all.

The players were fired up by Silva. It's like plaiting sawdust getting this lot to all fire at the same time and keep their nerve. That's why we're up and down. No other manager could do any better with them. They have character defects and we're bought in that condition by Brands.

On the contrary , I can't think of a single manager who could do any worse with them. You can't have it both ways mate. When we are awful it is the coach's responsibility . In the same way he deserves some credit for todays performance. However , the fact remains that these performances are few and far between , and that is down to Silva.

I wouldn't rule it out.

I bet you he wouldn't have bought them though.

Correct me if I am wrong , but Brands didn't buy them mate.
If Silva brings back DCL , Sig or Schneids , after todays performance , then we have conclusive proof that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.

Just waiting for brands to replace silva with...

Himself... Aka Mark bowen at reading

And bowen got himself a handy little 98th min winner today

In that case he needs to have the courage of his convictions and play the way he wants to play.
He needs to have player he wants in the squad to choose from above all. Yes he should mix up selections more. However, most would agree if he'd had Gueye still here and not sold from underneath him, and also had a decent CB added, we'd have a lot more points than we have now.

On the contrary , I can't think of a single manager who could do any worse with them. You can't have it both ways mate. When we are awful it is the coach's responsibility . In the same way he deserves some credit for todays performance. However , the fact remains that these performances are few and far between , and that is down to Silva.

How do you copme to that conclusion?

He handed Silva a clutch of summer signings that have struggled to get on the pitch, and he deserves credit for something?

Pfffffft!

Oh it's a great finish mate. But we looked sooooooooo much better without him starting, we were quicker, more movement, breaking with pace, everything we lack when he's playing.
The reason we played better was nothing to do with Sigurdsson not playing...it was clearly because we had two more offensive midfielders in place of two defensively-minded ones in Delph and Schneiderlin. And, we didn’t have a static lump up front with the touch of a clown.
I imagine you hated seeing him score another absolute belter.

The reason we played better was nothing to do with Sigurdsson not playing...it was clearly because we had two more offensive midfielders in place of two defensively-minded ones in Delph and Schneiderlin. And, we didn’t have a static lump up front with the touch of a clown.
Despite not having the best end product, iwobi was much more involved in today's game than sig has been at any point all season

Of course it was, Sigurdsson is soooooo slow, you could see the difference today with Iwobi in the side instead of him, we had pace, movement and urgency in the final third, something we lack when Sigurdsson is playing.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong , but Brands didn't buy them mate.
If Silva brings back DCL , Sig or Schneids , after todays performance , then we have conclusive proof that he doesn't have a clue what he is doing.
oh they'll be back alright...they are on mega $$$ (not DCL obvs) Silva probably won't have any say in the matter either...

Despite not having the best end product, iwobi was much more involved in today's game than sig has been at any point all season
He had no end product. It’s a strange one.....you like Iwobi because he ran around and had no end product, but you can’t stand Sigurdsson who scores and sets up more than virtually everyone else in the team.....don’t you want Silva sacked because he has no end product?

Status
Not open for further replies.