2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering about him too. Sure he has had some successes with Dutch players making a profit and he probably has a lot of contacts in the Dutch league, but as we have found out to our cost, how many Dutch players have been successful in the premier league recently? As well as Klassen, Janssen at Spurs was a flop and the Dutch national side is the poorest it has been for years.

So I am a little concerned. Hopefully his contacts extend throughout Europe and there's more to him than just player recruitment.

After our unfortunate experience with fatty Koeman, I'd be reluctant to have another Dutchie near the club. And the Frenchies are not much chop either...neither country really stood up to Adolf did they? I appreciate WWII was over half a century ago, but we should not just blithely ignore the lessons it taught us. What's that expression? : 'those who forget history are doomed to repeat it'. I don't know how realistic it is but I'd like us to appoint a new DoF from somewhere like Walmington-on-Sea...salt of the earth British.

I've been wondering about him too. Sure he has had some successes with Dutch players making a profit and he probably has a lot of contacts in the Dutch league, but as we have found out to our cost, how many Dutch players have been successful in the premier league recently? As well as Klassen, Janssen at Spurs was a flop and the Dutch national side is the poorest it has been for years.

So I am a little concerned. Hopefully his contacts extend throughout Europe and there's more to him than just player recruitment.
That PSV team is hardly filled with all dutch players. Some quality central american and south american talent in that team. Not to mention the talk of Fabra already signing with us and that has Brands written all over it. I believe he has been in place for a while the club is just waiting for the season to end to announce.

Wijnaldum, Suarez, Davinson Sanchez, Eriksson, Vertonghen, Alderweirald, Van Dijk

Although i have just listed success from the eredivise, you can also easily list a bunch of failures so i suppose its down to scouting

Depay, Klaassen, Milik, Jansen, Clasie, all recent failures

That PSV team is hardly filled with all dutch players. Some quality central american and south american talent in that team. Not to mention the talk of Fabra already signing with us and that has Brands written all over it. I believe he has been in place for a while the club is just waiting for the season to end to announce.

As said about him from others, how many times have you seen Fabra play?
These central & south american may be ok in a slower, less physical league (one thing i always notice when watching the eredivise is alot of the players are really slight)
But just because he has done it there dosent mean it will transfer over to the premier league

As said about him from others, how many times have you seen Fabra play?
These central & south american may be ok in a slower, less physical league (one thing i always notice when watching the eredivise is alot of the players are really slight)
But just because he has done it there dosent mean it will transfer over to the premier league

Fabra doesn’t play in the Dutch league.

Although i have just listed success from the eredivise, you can also easily list a bunch of failures so i suppose its down to scouting

Depay, Klaassen, Milik, Jansen, Clasie, all recent failures

Is Depay a failure?

I know he ain’t the greatest but he isn’t a bad player.

And I would not write of any player as a failure on the strength of joining us in t8me for this ca4 crash I’d a season....D. Klassen is not a failure yet, IMO ;)

The other three I have never heard off :blush:

the esk literally knows FA

why do people buy into his utter BS.

he might have a grip on financials, as its what he does, but he has no inside info regards Everton, this has been proven time and time again.

id say @MrGrumpy knows more than esk!! lol
lol Not saying I believe it or don’t believe it, just posting what’s being said on twitter. :coffee:

we are total suckers mate.

fonseca is doing it too now.

Brands is meant to be top notch at his role.

I'm sure there are much bigger fish than us tempting him away from PSV.

we are getting used.
I think your might be misinterpreting tge whole brands situation. This is totally different to a manager or player, it’s what you would call head hunting in normal business. the guy has a choice stay at PSV where he seen happy or move to Everton.
He isn’t out of contract, we won’t pay PSV compo and we arnt buying him.
He doesn’t need to use us like a player or managers agent does to get more offers, as him moving to us doesn’t really affect the agent

I think your might be misinterpreting tge whole brands situation. This is totally different to a manager or player, it’s what you would call head hunting in normal business. the guy has a choice stay at PSV where he seen happy or move to Everton.
He isn’t out of contract, we won’t pay PSV compo and we arnt buying him.
He doesn’t need to use us like a player or managers agent does to get more offers, as him moving to us doesn’t really affect the agent

I see where you are coming from, but all this media whoring him about seems very familiar, and it doesn't normally end well for us.

I see where you are coming from, but all this media whoring him about seems very familiar, and it doesn't normally end well for us.
I agree the delay is annoying but it is a big move for him, DOF normally last years at a club, unlike managers.
It’s also a very big job, the club needs and is getting restructured
He did say he would decide after the league had finished in Holland, which it did on Sunday so hopefully it will be this week

Status
Not open for further replies.