2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands + a manager + a lb + a cb + a cam +lookman and Dowell and Sandro + a striker - Williams - Bolasie - Rooney - Mori (maybe Snides) = done

Don't even want him. Why pay someone millions for a job that should be undertaken by a manager that is on 6 million pound plus?

I keep on coming in here hoping to read he's accepted our offer.

Can't say I know that much about the guy if I'm honest, but I think chronologically it makes sense if we bring a DoF in first so he can have a say in who manages the club. I also think if he does come in then it significantly increases the chances that Allardyce is on his way out.

Hate to break this to you fella but he's been our DOF for 2 months, Everton just forgot to announce it like they did with Gana..hahahaha

Hopefully be this week

Don't even want him. Why pay someone millions for a job that should be undertaken by a manager that is on 6 million pound plus?
Because swift manager turnover seems to be the norm in football these days.
So rather than rip up the whole blueprint and start from scratch with players who don’t fit a system every few years, the team keeps its ‘phylosophy’ as it were, and employs a ‘head coach’ to work within the system.

Good idea when done right.

Woeful when you have Steve Walsh and fat Sam.

Come on Marcel, we need a decision.

Look, Marcel, if you're not taking the job we'll move on to other candidates.

Marcel, we really can't wait any longer.

If we don't receive a response from you TODAY, consider our interest withdrawn.

You've really left us in the lurch here Marcel. We've been left with no choice but to retain the services of our current Director of Football for the coming season.

Hi Marcel. Would you be interested in taking up the role for season 2019/20?

marcel ??

marcelllll ????

MARCEL ????

**Chelsea announce marcel

Well, we have gone from having stability and being very thrift spenders, to experiencing instability and wasting untold millions ever since we employed this DOF model. It's just a load of modern nonsense if you ask me.

Well, we have gone from having stability and being very thrift spenders, to experiencing instability and wasting untold millions ever since we employed this DOF model. It's just a load of modern nonsense if you ask me.

I agree. Steve Walsh's role, as Director of Football, is what exactly? To direct the football? We look to have zero direction to me. To "unearth gems"? Appears to have unearthed zero bona-fide gems so far.

What makes people think a "technical director" would do any different? What would be the remit of such a role? For me positions such as Director of Football and Technical Director are far too intangible and vague, especially if they are working together.

Also it gives rise to the too many cooks scenario - each 'manager' that is employed basically just to do player trading diminishes the responsibility of each role, enabling the staff member filling each role to relinquish any accountability should things go pear shaped, which is always highly likely in football.

It's my opinion that we'd be better off just with an ambitious manager that wants to put their head on the line by making decisions on the subordinate staff (scouts, coaches, etc) that they need, the blend of players they need, in terms of ability, styles (plural; you need to be able to win football matches in different ways) and attitude, basically a single ambitious manager that wants to plant their image on the club whilst maintaining the existing good values that we as lovers of the club hold as it's virtues.

Gotta admit never heard of this fella until recent events but can I just ask - how many PL clubs have a DOF ? Can see the attraction as you can plug and play a new manager into an existing structure and style of play but we have neither at the moment. I know some managers are dead against this model so it must have pros/cons and seems more popular on the continent where they historically sacked managers more frequently.

I agree. Steve Walsh's role, as Director of Football, is what exactly? To direct the football? We look to have zero direction to me. To "unearth gems"? Appears to have unearthed zero bona-fide gems so far.

What makes people think a "technical director" would do any different? What would be the remit of such a role? For me positions such as Director of Football and Technical Director are far too intangible and vague, especially if they are working together.

Also it gives rise to the too many cooks scenario - each 'manager' that is employed basically just to do player trading diminishes the responsibility of each role, enabling the staff member filling each role to relinquish any accountability should things go pear shaped, which is always highly likely in football.

It's my opinion that we'd be better off just with an ambitious manager that wants to put their head on the line by making decisions on the subordinate staff (scouts, coaches, etc) that they need, the blend of players they need, in terms of ability, styles (plural; you need to be able to win football matches in different ways) and attitude, basically a single ambitious manager that wants to plant their image on the club whilst maintaining the existing good values that we as lovers of the club hold as it's virtues.
And when he leaves we get a different type of manager in and he rips it all up and starts afresh.
A DOF should in theory have all managers/coaches at the club singing off the same hymn sheet and when they leave only like minded managers get the job

Status
Not open for further replies.