2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree i am quite happy with our work in the window, i dont mind loans in all honesty they have served us well and i think there are question marks beside Zouma and Silva aka as Gomes. So its risk mitigation and not stuck with another Williams or Klassen on high wedge.

I have a dislike for buy back clauses so i dont personally like the Mina deal, but am happy he is here, if it was a redline issue its better to have him then not.

The outs have been impressive, if nothing else for wage management alone. Im more impressed with them to be honest, also the selection of who went as well, not one head scratcher amongst them.

It needs to be said how tricky this window was, likely one of the trickiest in the history of the PL with the early deadline and WC. So fair play to all.

Lets see how they all do though, we are as optimistic at the same point last year.

I am optimistic though, Richarlison is something very special.

I dunno, last year around this time I wouldnt say I was optimistic, we dropped the ball big time by not getting in a striker and we looked a shell of a team.

Im much more optimistic currently, we have a fairly balanced squad, lacking in quality in some areas, but a lot of depth and the fact that I struggle to name my current best 11 is encouraging. Of course there are question marks on some of the players, will they adapt, will they be able to perform, but for now im very happy with the squad.

The Mina thing isnt an issue to me, if hes an utter baller he will be sold anyway, so we should just enjoy him while hes here, not like we keep good players normally anyway:hayee:.

And yeah, the boy Rico is something to relish watching for sure.

I dunno, last year around this time I wouldnt say I was optimistic, we dropped the ball big time by not getting in a striker and we looked a shell of a team.

Im much more optimistic currently, we have a fairly balanced squad, lacking in quality in some areas, but a lot of depth and the fact that I struggle to name my current best 11 is encouraging. Of course there are question marks on some of the players, will they adapt, will they be able to perform, but for now im very happy with the squad.

The Mina thing isnt an issue to me, if hes an utter baller he will be sold anyway, so we should just enjoy him while hes here, not like we keep good players normally anyway:hayee:.

And yeah, the boy Rico is something to relish watching for sure.

The striker thing last season was the worst footballing decision in Evertons history bar none in my opinion.

Im optimistic to extent as i like Bernard, Mina and Dinge as you say they are very balancing signings for the squad. Bernard i think could be a game changer or that spark required to create something out of nothing. You never quite now how these lads adapt though or grow into the PL so i am a bit cautious. There are question marks against Zouma and Gomes for me, but worthy deals with minimum risk. What i especially like is the compitition we have sepnt a lot of money on players who havent performed who have been assured of their places. I will be watching players like Gylfi, Morgan and one or two others to see if they up their performences with more compitition or better players to play with and a more balanced squad, basically these signing may bring out the best in what we already invested in through better quality and more compitition.

I just dont liekt he principal of buy back, Barca execute it well and have done for a number of years, they rarely loose out. I would think its the reason Utd walked away. I would love to know the condidtions of it. if they decide to trigger it next season for example if he proves to be a top quality sought after player that just leaves us back were we were. How frustrating would it be to see barca sign him for 50 odd million one week and watch themm sell him to Utd a couple of weeks later for 70mill, that the type of thing they do.

Rico is going to be joy, the lad has so many skills and qualities to his game we have won the lottery with him.

Marcel's media day wasn't for us. It was to send a message to other clubs (and to some players and agents):

I am willing to walk away from any deal with any club no matter how much it looks like I need the deal.

Permanent deals with immediate effect with English clubs are off the table for now. That was his excuse to do the interviews. All of the other possibilities of the Transfer Window are open for another two weeks. He is still negotiating deals to sell the deadwood to clubs in other countries and loan them (ideally with obligation to buy) to every League other than the PL.
This all day, I really don't know why some on here can't see the codified messages all over his statements, especially on agents and Man utd. He wanted to correct that, and why not? He didn't want agents to think they could take us for a ride.

So relieved to have this fella implementing a proper plan. Last season I was resigned to us becoming the new Geordie circus in town.

Balls of steel with that negotiating with Barca. Literally the inverse of how we purchased Sigi.

By my count, of the players I expected to leave this summer, there are only Bolasie and Besic to ship out.
Yeah i'd say those two and Sandro from the 'first team' squad. I think the signings we've made probably mean we could do with losing a centre half now aswell, and maybe even another central midfielder (Gueye, Schneiderlin, Gomes, McCarthy and Davies is maybe a little top heavy for 2 positions when you also have Baningime and Williams in there), then we could really do with losing Galloway, Browning and Pennington from the wage bill too.

Yeah i'd say those two and Sandro from the 'first team' squad. I think the signings we've made probably mean we could do with losing a centre half now aswell, and maybe even another central midfielder (Gueye, Schneiderlin, Gomes, McCarthy and Davies is maybe a little top heavy for 2 positions when you also have Baningime and Williams in there), then we could really do with losing Galloway, Browning and Pennington from the wage bill too.

Baningime is raw and jury still out. Williams only played in the Championship I expect him to get another loan.

My ‘Wish To Sell’ list at the start of the Summer was:

Stek
Robles
Williams
Jags
Galloway
Browning
Baines
Garbutt
Martina
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Grant
Tarashaj
Mirallas
Bolasie
Niasse
Rooney

So not done too badly!

The striker thing last season was the worst footballing decision in Evertons history bar none in my opinion.

Im optimistic to extent as i like Bernard, Mina and Dinge as you say they are very balancing signings for the squad. Bernard i think could be a game changer or that spark required to create something out of nothing. You never quite now how these lads adapt though or grow into the PL so i am a bit cautious. There are question marks against Zouma and Gomes for me, but worthy deals with minimum risk. What i especially like is the compitition we have sepnt a lot of money on players who havent performed who have been assured of their places. I will be watching players like Gylfi, Morgan and one or two others to see if they up their performences with more compitition or better players to play with and a more balanced squad, basically these signing may bring out the best in what we already invested in through better quality and more compitition.

I just dont liekt he principal of buy back, Barca execute it well and have done for a number of years, they rarely loose out. I would think its the reason Utd walked away. I would love to know the condidtions of it. if they decide to trigger it next season for example if he proves to be a top quality sought after player that just leaves us back were we were. How frustrating would it be to see barca sign him for 50 odd million one week and watch themm sell him to Utd a couple of weeks later for 70mill, that the type of thing they do.

Rico is going to be joy, the lad has so many skills and qualities to his game we have won the lottery with him.

tbf, the buyback is what e60m or something like that? I said about the delofeu deal that it was okay because if he played well enough that barca actually wanted him back then that would mean he'd have been great for us. The fact he did nothing and they still bought him would make me worry about this deal, butthe fee for mina is so so high that it does make it a bit different. I mean buying a playing for 60m just to try and sell to make a profit is a chasm of difference to buying deulofeu for a measly 11m or whatever his was.

He'd have to play really really well for us for them to pay that kind of fee and even if they did he'd be the second most expensive centre back of all time, so it'd hardly be a case of us finding it hard to get a replacement.

Status
Not open for further replies.