2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brands gives an interview, so what?

Some of the over analysis and absolute beans chatted about the most innocuous of Everton related stories is proper cringe at times. If he never said a word in public he’d be getting stick for being completely pointless and invisible within months by the same posters. Get a life ffs. lol

Timing and frequency are the thing, really.

He has said he is now going to focus on youth, so we shouldn't need to hear or hear from him again until January at the earliest.

I'd expect something around then, anyway, with the window/AGM, but it won't be another Sky Sports feature, so maybe will go under the radar a bit more.

I agree with those who in the main say that DOF should be more oblivious, but if he gets the balance right its fine.

Raising his head above the parapet once or twice a season is ok, we would all cotton on soon enough if he is in the media more often than needed.

Marcel's media day wasn't for us. It was to send a message to other clubs (and to some players and agents):

I am willing to walk away from any deal with any club no matter how much it looks like I need the deal.

Permanent deals with immediate effect with English clubs are off the table for now. That was his excuse to do the interviews. All of the other possibilities of the Transfer Window are open for another two weeks. He is still negotiating deals to sell the deadwood to clubs in other countries and loan them (ideally with obligation to buy) to every League other than the PL.

What none of you realise is Everton got a new tea lady in at the end of last season. Gwladys has been pulling all the strings. Proper kaiser soze style!

In summary... Who cares who is "in charge", as long as we are successful.

Brands gives an interview, so what?

Some of the over analysis and absolute beans chatted about the most innocuous of Everton related stories is proper cringe at times. If he never said a word in public he’d be getting stick for being completely pointless and invisible within months by the same posters. Get a life ffs. lol
It's sad that how people have been joufuly signing his praises but are now are already getting their knives ready: it makes Nacht der Langen Messer seem tame.

Way over the top, that. Davek may be obstinate, but he's not an idiot. The man sticks to his guns, and that has to be respected.
If I told you the sky were pink with flying fish in it, you would respect me for that if I stuck to it for long enough? Or does all my crazy belives have to be really negative against every single thing happening at Everton to count? Or do I constantly have to change my opinions slightly to fit my new narrative after being proven wrong(x100)?
How you make being stubborn and never giving an inch no matter how wrong a positive is crazy.

I like Davek, he’s entertainment on here, Im not hating. But lets be real about the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.