2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, he’s an idiot. His facts are spurious at best. He sees black where there is white or at least grey. He pokes his stick into everything to create reaction and dissonance. He just wants reaction and attention. I agree that some of his posts have held real concern in the par, but as with most character actors, as the get old, they slip into parody and pastiche. For me, davek does not spout his opinions out of a real deep concern for Everton, but out of a deep need to get a reaction and make himself relevant and noticed. A proper attention whore. I’m sorry if that offends and I’m sorry to davek if it isn’t the case. But all the evidence points that way. Ruins so many threads yet gives comedy gold. To spout off about brands being an attention seeker!!! Reminds me of Boris Johnson saying that people in benefits had a sense of entitlement, that from Boris, the man with the biggest sense of entitlement since records began. No beef, no personal abuse, but go through his posts, he’s either an idiot or an attention seeker who craves creating dissonance so he feels important

You're welcome to your opinion. As he is to his and I am to mine. I admit he can be a bit tiresome, but one can disagree with him without descending to the personal level. Anyroads, there's always the ignore function

What bs, he said he was after mina even before the world cup.
His performances in russia basically doubled his transfer fee and brands paid it.

What bs about not paying over the odds for him.
His trying to make out he got a bargain

He paid what he considered the market value of Mina after the WC not his market value before the WC
Your lot have paid over the odds for a few players too
Imagine putting 7 goals past a keeper and then paying 70 m for him

What, for pointing out that we have a manager who seems to be getting eclipsed by a suit?

I've never known anything like it at this club and it's a turn for the worse as far as I'm concerned.
The work of a DOF should be seen on the pitch, i.e. the players that he buys, are brought up through the youth team. They shouldn’t be heard in the media. For instane you never hear about the Liverpool DOF you just hear from Klopp. That’s the way it should be. Quiet efficiency, is the way to go about your job. Now the club maybe pushing Brands to do press talk but if so I think they are taking the wrong line. Let him just go about his job in the background. The manager should be the sole public focus of the club.

It’s early days and no doubt if everything clicks it will be Silva who is front and centre getting the plaudits and headlines and quite rightly too but I have no issue with our DoF being praised and presented to world following what looks to have been a decent transfer window. I’m sure once we’re a few games in the manager and the players will be the main attraction but for now I have no problem with Marcel being the face of Everton. Just go back 6 months and watch an Allardyce interview and how the club was presented then. Worlds apart!

The work of a DOF should be seen on the pitch, i.e. the players that he buys, are brought up through the youth team. They shouldn’t be heard in the media. For instane you never hear about the Liverpool DOF you just hear from Klopp. That’s the way it should be. Quiet efficiency, is the way to go about your job. Now the club maybe pushing Brands to do press talk but if so I think they are taking the wrong line. Let him just go about his job in the background. The manager should be the sole public focus of the club.
I think that is a possibility. If so, then maybe Brands is less to blame than I'd thought.

However (and it's a very sizeable however), even if that were the case a man of his experience should surely know that to answer to the club's request to face the media does absolutely NOTHING for a young new manager trying to stamp his identity on the club and establish his credibility. As the senior (in age and experience) figure he should know it's counter-productive for Silva and should decline any such request (if that has been asked of him...which is certainly not established, btw).

No, he’s an idiot. His facts are spurious at best. He sees black where there is white or at least grey. He pokes his stick into everything to create reaction and dissonance. He just wants reaction and attention. I agree that some of his posts have held real concern in the par, but as with most character actors, as the get old, they slip into parody and pastiche. For me, davek does not spout his opinions out of a real deep concern for Everton, but out of a deep need to get a reaction and make himself relevant and noticed. A proper attention whore. I’m sorry if that offends and I’m sorry to davek if it isn’t the case. But all the evidence points that way. Ruins so many threads yet gives comedy gold. To spout off about brands being an attention seeker!!! Reminds me of Boris Johnson saying that people in benefits had a sense of entitlement, that from Boris, the man with the biggest sense of entitlement since records began. No beef, no personal abuse, but go through his posts, he’s either an idiot or an attention seeker who craves creating dissonance so he feels important
Beautifully written and right on the button. The Best post on GoT for some considerable period

Status
Not open for further replies.