2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its pretty common for managers to go for former players. Silva did with Richarlison, Koeman Sneids, Roberto Mcarthy, Robles, Kone, Alcaraz ect. Carlo also had James from his real Madrid days to bayern.

Napoli Represents something new for us its the first time in as long as I can remember we have snagged a coach from a team better then us in a long while. Its only natural that we would target players and as good as a scout is I'd hazard than somebody that has worked with the players before hand would know them better. Make no mistake Brands still calls the shots.
It always amuses me that the best signing we’ve made since Brands came is because of Silva!

Signing players from Napoli is bad now?

Give it up Neil.
Where did I say that? My point is that since Carlo has come in, we are strongly linked with many players from Napoli and serie a, most reports centre on Carlo is a long term admirer, etc, has worked with before, etc (james another one for example). You can tell me all you like that we were linked with these players before he came in but we both know that these links are based on our current manager. None of the reports state that Brands has been following Allan, James or any other Napoli player for the last 18 months, but now youll probably just slate the reporters because it doesn’t suit your agenda. We have to believe what some people write, I mean there’s a whole busy thread on the summer window based on these reports. I’m not questioning Brands here. I’m undecided on him yet tbh. Some signings I can see some value, but many have flopped. I’m just trying to fathom out how sports journalists across Europe are not familiar with the DOF model and how every one seems to associate Carlo as choosing the players? Are they all wrong? I’m just raising a point nothing more.

Where did I say that? My point is that since Carlo has come in, we are strongly linked with many players from Napoli and serie a, most reports centre on Carlo is a long term admirer, etc, has worked with before, etc (james another one for example). You can tell me all you like that we were linked with these players before he came in but we both know that these links are based on our current manager. None of the reports state that Brands has been following Allan, James or any other Napoli player for the last 18 months, but now youll probably just slate the reporters because it doesn’t suit your agenda. We have to believe what some people write, I mean there’s a whole busy thread on the summer window based on these reports. I’m not questioning Brands here. I’m undecided on him yet tbh. Some signings I can see some value, but many have flopped. I’m just trying to fathom out how sports journalists across Europe are not familiar with the DOF model and how every one seems to associate Carlo as choosing the players? Are they all wrong? I’m just raising a point nothing more.

You appear to put a lot of faith in what sports journalists report.

I wont slate them, but I will say that every summer we are linked with a few hundred players, possibly a 1000+, so forgive me for not believing everything that is written.

My stance on recruitment hasnt changed much since Brands got the job.

We are in real trouble if we allow another manager to dictate to the DoF which players to sign.

As proven when we allowed Koeman input.

Carlo will have some players in mind, 1s he worked with and players he will feel can improve us, no doubt he will suggest them to Brands and then its up to both of them to decide if they are what we need. And Brands will do the same with players he thinks he can improve us, between them both they will try and do whats best for the club.

At the end of the day its Brands job to improve the squad, he wont be doing that alone, he has an army of scouts, data nerds and no doubt he will offer his ear to Carlo.

For me the buck stops with Brands regarding recruitment, good and bad.

All our best players are his signings....
‘Best players’ for a team sitting in 12th doesn’t really say much, does it?

Richarlison, Holgate and DCL are our best players and Richarlison was probably more to do with Silva than Brands.

As for the rest of the squad, we need much better players if we’re to ever compete for the places the club say we want to compete for.

I don’t understand the point you’re even trying to make here? We’re linked with Napoli players because Carlo’s last job was there and journos are lazy.

‘Best players’ for a team sitting in 12th doesn’t really say much, does it?

Richarlison, Holgate and DCL are our best players and Richarlison was probably more to do with Silva than Brands.

As for the rest of the squad, we need much better players if we’re to ever compete for the places the club say we want to compete for.

We all know that’s total BS has stated by Richarlison de Andrade himself.

I mean, if people can’t accept the information right from the horses mouth then their agenda is obvious.

We all know that’s total BS has stated by Richarlison de Andrade himself.

I mean, if people can’t accept the information right from the horses mouth then their agenda is obvious.
You think Silva, who we all know is VERY close to Richarlison, someone Richarlison has described as a father figure, didn’t have any influence on his move here? Come off it.

He doesn't say he doesn't have any influence he just hinted at when Brands also tried to take him to PSV whilst he was still in Brazil.

And stated his admiration for Brands and that he was instrumental in him choosing Everton.

This narrative also skims over him convincing Richarlison to sign a 5 year deal, the same with Holgate and DCL and offloading a load of our dross.

Status
Not open for further replies.