2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only signing to have improved their value since Brands has come and looked anything like a top 6 player
is Richarlison.
And guess what I would think 98% of people would be sure it was a Silva buy.
What does that say about Brands after 2 years.
Look at the league table and cup results the last 2 years and the FACTS are there.

The only signing to have improved their value since Brands has come and looked anything like a top 6 player
is Richarlison.
And guess what I would think 98% of people would be sure it was a Silva buy.
What does that say about Brands after 2 years.
Look at the league table and cup results the last 2 years and the FACTS are there.

Bernard was a free so his value will definitely have improved. We signed Digne for 16 mill I think? He’s been in bad form this season but at the need of last season no one would have been surprised if we’d have received bids for over 30 mill for him. Richarlison as you said would definitely be in there also.

Gomes and Gbamin have been inured all season and Iwobi and Delph May as well have been they’ve been in and out so often. Players can the judges after half a season of injury hit form with a manager changing.

But no one is moaning. You’re making an issue that isn’t there.

The discussion is regarding if Marcel Brands has been good enough in his role. Our league form and current position would suggest that he hasn’t.
Probably not but given that we have an actual decent manager who’ll be here a while and we’re getting rid of a few leeches on free’s I’d expect it to improve. And if it doesn’t I’ll probably just accept the the club is sunk if I’m honest.

Probably not but given that we have an actual decent manager who’ll be here a while and we’re getting rid of a few leeches on free’s I’d expect it to improve. And if it doesn’t I’ll probably just accept the the club is sunk if I’m honest.
I would expect to improve if our recruitment was good but bringing in the likes of Iwobi, Delph and Sidibe is not going to improve us.

Bernard is our highest earner 120k a week, with a signing on fee he has cost us at least 15 million over 2 years and he has produced sweet FA for it.

Digne cost about 20mill. On last seasons form he may have gone up to 30/35mill, after this seasons form we will do well to get the 20mill back.

Bernard is our highest earner 120k a week, with a signing on fee he has cost us at least 15 million over 2 years and he has produced sweet FA for it.

Digne cost about 20mill. On last seasons form he may have gone up to 30/35mill, after this seasons form we will do well to get the 20mill back.
So you’re saying you’d think “we’ve done well there” if we sold Digne for 20 mil? You’d be happy with that sale?

Well said, we all have our own opinions and I’m sure some will agree and some will strongly disagree. I think we should of got a CB in 110% and never even considered iwobi, as well forgetting zaha after his price tag went over £35m but there my opinions, on a overall brands is doing ok but I think myself and a lot of people find it confusing is to what he does exactly and why we have a DOF when we have such a good manager. Surely the new manager would chose if he wants to work with one and who it’s going to be?

In Europe, most clubs use the DOF model so most Managers accept it now :) Ancelloti would have always dealt with them so would have no issues and understands what their role is unlike the majority of us ;-( I think as it isn't really in the british game people get so offended by it saying the Manager should be the person in charge of transfers ;-) Everyone makes errors transfer wise even Fergie eg Bebe, Djemba Djemba, Veron etc and sure when Moyes was with us we turned up our noses to Dier and Mustafi who are at Spurs and Arsenal now for a few pounds extra ;-(

We won’t be selling digne, £15m compared to the money we’ve wasted on iwobi etc ain’t that much, Bernard is far from the worst signings

Our best GK - Lossl - Signed by Brands
Our best Fullback - Digne - Signed by Brands
Our best CB - Mina - Signed by Brands
Our best CM - Gomes - Signed by Brands
Our best winger - Bernard - Signed by Brands
Our best Striker - Richarlison - Signed by Brands

But hes a fraud laaaaaaad.

Our best GK- Pickford- Signed by Brands

Criminal that he wasn’t given a chance in goal, even for the 4 cup games we played, by that Portuguese dolt

Status
Not open for further replies.