2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you could look at the squad before he came and now and compare, as I say if you dont think the squad has improved in the last 2 years, well I dunno what else I can say.
It has improved but not enough to kick us on in the league.

I don't think he's done an outstanding job. He's more capable than Walsh but that's faint praise.

Loans being the key word....

Said it before and I'll say it again: he couldn't sell hot soup to a gang of navvies.

Players have agents who help find them clubs. You are acting like Brands is solely responsible for Everton not being where you'd like them to be. It is ridiculous.

It has improved but not enough to kick us on in the league.

I don't think he's done an outstanding job. He's more capable than Walsh but that's faint praise.

I dont think hes done an outstanding job either.

Ive said loads of times the squad isnt good enough for top 6 yet, but I didnt expect it to be after 4 windows.

6 windows was the target I set.

How else are we meant to judge progress if not against the other teams in the league?

Staying the same isn't improving by definition.

You can compare it to say Net spend and progress in the league with other teams.

What would be fair would be a comparison to Wolves and Leicester on a number of metrics.

Last edited:
I dont think hes done an outstanding job either.

Ive said loads of times the squad isnt good enough for top 6 yet, but I didnt expect it to be after 4 windows.

6 windows was the target I set.
6 windows grace.

FFS, in 3 years it's natural wastage anyway, with most of the players we want out seeing their contracts run out.

Where's the skill in that as far as Brands' powers of persuasion and organisation are concerned?

I actually think this fella could see us lose Ancelloti.

Its a ruthless game and no matter what he says, Ancelloti will put feelers out to leave if he thinks he isnt being backed.

He will have given Brands a list of areas needing improvement and many names.

The response has been a middle finger.

If a big Italian club sniff him out before summer I could see him go and deffo if Brands soesnt deliver in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.