2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talks a lot of sense in this article, very clearly outlines the sort of simple plan for the squad most on GOT would have done in regards to ins/outs. Admits not everything was perfect. I'm still really glad we have him in charge going forwards.

Thought the goals accumulation part was very interesting.

The guys at The Athletic talked/wrote about Brands and his comments at the AGM--said he'd done 70 deals since he joined the club (I'm sure a large number of these are loans). Brands prefers 2/3 ins and 2/3 outs per window, so he's been doing a lot of triage on the mess than Martinez/Ronko/Walshy/Fat Scam left.

The guys at The Athletic talked/wrote about Brands and his comments at the AGM--said he'd done 70 deals since he joined the club (I'm sure a large number of these are loans). Brands prefers 2/3 ins and 2/3 outs per window, so he's been doing a lot of triage on the mess than Martinez/Ronko/Walshy/Fat Scam left.

You are entirely correct mate.
That list of losers should collectively hang their heads in shame.
I don't envy Brands in unpicking this mess.
Absolutely shocking players , on ridiculous salaries that no other club will pick up , and to top it all they are on long term contracts , so they are virtually impossible to move on unless they want to. Unbelievable !

Talks a lot of sense in this article, very clearly outlines the sort of simple plan for the squad most on GOT would have done in regards to ins/outs. Admits not everything was perfect. I'm still really glad we have him in charge going forwards.

Thought the goals accumulation part was very interesting.
That's about as pathetic a cover story for his own failures as there could be.

The Gueye sale: not justified other than 'we decided to take the offer from PSG'

Zouma: 'we couldn't loan him again and we couldn't buy him'. Yes, but that doesn't explain not getting ANYONE in.

Kenny: 'wouldn't get ahead of Coleman'...which just about underlines his ability to compare players.

Now we have a 'problem on the right side' - as if he completely forgot spending £30M for Iwobi.

An utter 'kin fraud.

The Gueye sale: not justified other than 'we decided to take the offer from PSG'

Zouma: 'we couldn't loan him again and we couldn't buy him'. Yes, but that doesn't explain not getting ANYONE in.

Kenny: 'wouldn't get ahead of Coleman'...which just about underlines his ability to compare players.

Now we have a 'problem on the right side' - as if he completely forgot spending £30M for Iwobi.

An utter 'kin fraud.

We all know why Gana was sold.
Hes already said he wanted to give Holgate some game time.
Kenny has not shown anything like the required level to get in ahead of Coleman.
Iwobi is a left-winger, Ancelotti has switched to 2 up top, which means Richarlison is now a Striker, he cant play on both wings.

Somebody is a fraud here and its not Big Marcel.

An utter 'kin fraud.
If he doesn’t get it right over the next two windows then he deserves the sack and he can’t have any qualms about it.

Gross negligence not getting a proven striker and CB in during the summer, despite having enough money to spend £43m on Delph and Iwobi.

An utter 'kin fraud.

Is he talking too much now and all about his ego, or not talking enough, and hiding? I can’t remember the narrative. ;)

Out of all that, I agree with the Zouma CB bit. Was my main problem with the summer window, and where he failed.

Gueye was always going, and it was all about the replacement, which none of us know about yet cos the lads been injured.

Kenny, for me, was the right call. He looked talented, but a bit green, and needs games. But probably not ready for PL yet. I said at the time, that if he (Brands) loans him for a year, then he defo sees his future with us, so that loan could work out very well for us.

An utter 'kin fraud.

Shut up Dave you plank.

An utter 'kin fraud.
Told u 5 times he wanted a CB from Italy but Silva said No

We all know why Gana was sold.
Hes already said he wanted to give Holgate some game time.
Kenny has not shown anything like the required level to get in ahead of Coleman.
Iwobi is a left-winger, Ancelotti has switched to 2 up top, which means Richarlison is now a Striker, he cant play on both wings.

Somebody is a fraud here and its not Big Marcel.
Gueye had 3 years on his contract, and the offer he says was a good one was, in fact, a piss take.
Holgate was a last minute option when his CB strategy went west.
Kenny was there to be used last season but he went out and paid handsome wages for another RB when that cash could have been saved.
Iwobi he bought for wide right...now he's looking agian for a wide right player because Iwobi is tat.

There are no excuses for Brands and anyone believing the pile of junk he came out with at the AGM were duped....just as they were if they believed the magic tree £30M windfall from "Uncle Uzzi" actually exists.

Gueye had 3 years on his contract, and the offer he says was a good one was, in fact, a piss take.
Holgate was a last minute option when his CB strategy went west.
Kenny was there to be used last season but he went out and paid handsome wages for another RB when that cash could have been saved.
Iwobi he bought for wide right...now he's looking agian for a wide right player because Iwobi is tat.

There are no excuses for Brands and anyone believing the pile of junk he came out with at the AGM were duped....just as they were if they believed the magic tree £30M windfall from "Uncle Uzzi" actually exists.
The way it works is this....
Brands finds the players then the manager picks which ones he want

If he doesn’t get it right over the next two windows then he deserves the sack and he can’t have any qualms about it.

Gross negligence not getting a proven striker and CB in during the summer, despite having enough money to spend £43m on Delph and Iwobi.
Deserves the sack right now.

In fact, why hasn't he walked? Sidelined for two managerial appointments when that's the most criucial part of his job as DoF.

The man has no honour.

Is he talking too much now and all about his ego, or not talking enough, and hiding? I can’t remember the narrative. ;)

Out of all that, I agree with the Zouma CB bit. Was my main problem with the summer window, and where he failed.

Gueye was always going, and it was all about the replacement, which none of us know about yet cos the lads been injured.

Kenny, for me, was the right call. He looked talented, but a bit green, and needs games. But probably not ready for PL yet. I said at the time, that if he (Brands) loans him for a year, then he defo sees his future with us, so that loan could work out very well for us.

He's negligent in about 75% of his signings: either signing rubbish or injured players most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.