Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blaming refs makes us sound desperate. We played really well in patches but certain players gave the ball away at vital times when we had half the team pushing forward. Also missed a sitter which would have given plenty of time to get back into the game.
We are improving weekly but need to get away from spending days after a game still blaming officials .
I was gutted yesterday but today taking the positives . Trust the manager is leading us in right direction but hope he can see if players are not performing then there us depth there to replace them.

Call me an idiot or whatever but imo penalty rebounds should be scrapped

as soon as the penalty is saved the ball should be declared dead

two bites of the cherry is unfair especially when a penalty kick is awarded in the first place

I agree. The award is a penalty, not a rebound or corner. The player taking the penalty has got a 6 yard advantage over every other player if there is a rebound which is not fair at all. If he misses with his shot then tough luck. You had your chance and flunked it. Will never happen though sadly. Dinosaurs in charge.

disappointing to lose, should have at least got a draw, terrible penalty decision, cant wait for VAR in the premier league. still on 15 points, now with 28 games remaining, still need 8 more wins and 1 draw to get to 40 points. Think we will manage it, Brighton at Home next Sunday is a must win for me, not in terms of safety, it is just a bit of a mid table 6 pointer and if we lose we will be back in the bottom half, also we are now 9th, 2 points behind Man u, but 4 points behind Watford in 7th, if we lose again we risk being adrift of the top 8 teams points wise.

Blaming refs makes us sound desperate. We played really well in patches but certain players gave the ball away at vital times when we had half the team pushing forward. Also missed a sitter which would have given plenty of time to get back into the game.
We are improving weekly but need to get away from spending days after a game still blaming officials .
I was gutted yesterday but today taking the positives . Trust the manager is leading us in right direction but hope he can see if players are not performing then there us depth there to replace them.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with saying a ridiculous penalty call at nil nil at OT made our life difficult. The red card for Smalling was very big too.

I've never experienced a season where we've had so many poor decisions. It's not desperate. It's fact.

All we can do is keep working on our composure in front of goal and hope our luck turns.

Martial not to be banned for conning the refs like niasse was last year. Typical really
Corrupt from the very top downwards

I find that truly shocking that he hasn't been done for diving. Everton need to be pipe up ffs because I'm sick to the back to teeth of saying "well we need to respect the referees decision" week in week out.

The Jagielka red card - nothing said
Wolves moving the free kick forward - only Richarlison pipes up
Could easily have had a pen at Bournemouth on Tosun - nothing given
Could easily have had a pen at Leicester on Gylfi - nothing given
Arsenal offside goal - nah let them have that
Yesterday was just another day at the office where a game goes by and we are bemoaning another Bellend of a referee not fit to actually do what he's paid to do.

We seem to be doing this a lot this season, even when the ref has got it spot on, The Wolves pen being one example

The simple truth is that we still fell short on the big stage.
Decisions by the ref can make a tough day tougher still.
But we still were not quite good enough.

We seem to be doing this a lot this season, even when the ref has got it spot on, The Wolves pen being one example

they didn't get a pen. they got a free kick 10 yards further forwrad than the foul. I think that's a legitimate claim for maoning tbh.

The most annoying thing is the consistency. I saw the pen we had against us at bournemouth as soft, but there was the same instance in that game where tosun got fouled and we got nothing. I understand different refs seeing soft fouls like that differently, but not in the same game, that's unacceptable.

The main annoyance is there are possibilities to eradicate all these ref mistakes, after none were selected for the world cup, it was the perfect opportunity to accept they needed help. But no, the donkeys and dinosaurs thought the prem should be poorer than the other leagues and trust refs. They've been shambolic all season but we'd definitely had a rough ride off them. It's not desperate.

they didn't get a pen. they got a free kick 10 yards further forwrad than the foul. I think that's a legitimate claim for maoning tbh.

The most annoying thing is the consistency. I saw the pen we had against us at bournemouth as soft, but there was the same instance in that game where tosun got fouled and we got nothing. I understand different refs seeing soft fouls like that differently, but not in the same game, that's unacceptable.

The main annoyance is there are possibilities to eradicate all these ref mistakes, after none were selected for the world cup, it was the perfect opportunity to accept they needed help. But no, the donkeys and dinosaurs thought the prem should be poorer than the other leagues and trust refs. They've been shambolic all season but we'd definitely had a rough ride off them. It's not desperate.
O yeah my mistake, yeah the free kick, however it was a clear free kick and a clear red but loads moaned about it, same against Palace, yeah it was a soft pen but it was still a pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.