Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why only most? Which ones including those on the bench would not get in our squad?
Previous poster I was talking to said it was an easy city side and I said it wasn’t and he names 5/6 players and I said most of them would get in our 1st 11, only 1 of the ones he named was Bravo

To be fair I didn't say it was an easy side, I was saying looking at that starting 11 you can't get much easier given there squad

The fact we hardly troubled them and how slow we looked is a worry
Sigi is the main problem, did nothing, lost the ball and passed it back wards, we are playing with 10 men with him in the team right now

Rather confused by the tactics adoptee from first whistle. ..Apart from Coleman early effort Ican't remember us spending any real length if time in or around their penalty area and in view of the progress made in recent games by Dcl it was surprising that we were more content to play the ball sideways and backwards in our own half rather than pump a long ball forward to give him the chance to test what is a suspect City defence....the substitution to bring Walcott on should in my opinion have bee made at half time as it was obvious there was nothing coming from either flank possibly not helped by Davies being forced to pay wide in an attempt to overcome the Bernard injury....obviously midfield is a priority area when we think in terms of the transfer window but I can't see too many too class players being available until summer and I think that we might have to look at restoring Keane to the heart of a back four to allow Holgate to move into a more advanced central position. ..one big positive for me today came in the cameo we saw from Kean...obviously a work in progress as he adapts to premirr league football but looked like a player who could cause opposition defenders a lot of problems next season
Tbf to Carlo the commentary was saying he was going mad at them for playing the way they did.. that was the players not him, they where terrified, was like the ball was a hot potato and they could only pass it backwards. Going to take a while to change the mentality of the players

Honestly not too bad. Could of (have) been worse. In the end they were very happy with the outcome, we could've nicked a point. Again Carlo's subs made real sense, changed the game and could've (of) earned a point.

Before departure of Silva we all would've expected a 6-0 drubbing.

Found the only bar in bayonne that was open and had canal plus... so I had one hand on my wallet amongst the scratch card fiends.

First half was pure Silva ball. Thought we gave em a game the last half an hour, goal was well taken.

My conclusion, as if any body cares, is that city are very good at football and we shouldn't crucify ourselves for not matching them right now.

Thought Mina was boss and Kean's drive into the box for the goal was ace.

Status
Not open for further replies.