Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just outclassed today, physically they bullied us and their passing was far too accurate for us to compete against. We lacked energy and looked leggy. Unsurprising really considering the efforts of recent games.

Injuries have cost us badly this season. So if we can finish top ten, I will be happy.

Having a slow arse in midfield against the best passing team in England is just asking for trouble, and puts alot of pressure on delph and the back four having to cover for his lack of mobility..am sure Carlos will be looking for a replacement asap

Ok, so just watched the game, City were the better team and deserved to win, however we had chances and could have got something out of it, the fact that Carlo could change it up and alter the way we were playing was refreshing. Its also worthwhile remembering that we were playing City, not Villa or Norwich, City. The amount of crying on here you would have thought we'd just been hammered by one of the bottom 3. It's never good to lose but have a bit of perspective.

Disappointed but we have a manager who has demonstrated he is different and higher quality than we have seen before, it has only been 3 games and we know the players arent at the level of Manchester City. Exciting couple of windows to come and I for one am positive, these lads need all of the support we can muster for them.....

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

Rather confused by the tactics adoptee from first whistle. ..Apart from Coleman early effort Ican't remember us spending any real length if time in or around their penalty area and in view of the progress made in recent games by Dcl it was surprising that we were more content to play the ball sideways and backwards in our own half rather than pump a long ball forward to give him the chance to test what is a suspect City defence....the substitution to bring Walcott on should in my opinion have bee made at half time as it was obvious there was nothing coming from either flank possibly not helped by Davies being forced to pay wide in an attempt to overcome the Bernard injury....obviously midfield is a priority area when we think in terms of the transfer window but I can't see too many too class players being available until summer and I think that we might have to look at restoring Keane to the heart of a back four to allow Holgate to move into a more advanced central position. ..one big positive for me today came in the cameo we saw from Kean...obviously a work in progress as he adapts to premirr league football but looked like a player who could cause opposition defenders a lot of problems next season

...he had a poor game, I agree, but he generally demonstrates a top drawer attitude.
Not this season he hasn’t, gives the ball up to easy, he’s had a lot more poor games than good ones this season, plays like he’s got blinkers on at times, the number of wrong options he makes, shoots when he should pass, then passes when he should shoot, usually to an opposition player, very overrated in my opinion.

Rather confused by the tactics adoptee from first whistle. ..Apart from Coleman early effort Ican't remember us spending any real length if time in or around their penalty area and in view of the progress made in recent games by Dcl it was surprising that we were more content to play the ball sideways and backwards in our own half rather than pump a long ball forward to give him the chance to test what is a suspect City defence....the substitution to bring Walcott on should in my opinion have bee made at half time as it was obvious there was nothing coming from either flank possibly not helped by Davies being forced to pay wide in an attempt to overcome the Bernard injury....obviously midfield is a priority area when we think in terms of the transfer window but I can't see too many too class players being available until summer and I think that we might have to look at restoring Keane to the heart of a back four to allow Holgate to move into a more advanced central position. ..one big positive for me today came in the cameo we saw from Kean...obviously a work in progress as he adapts to premirr league football but looked like a player who could cause opposition defenders a lot of problems next season

Yes Tom hasn’t got the pace to play wide, it was obvious in the Arsenal game when he struggled throughout the game when he replaced Iwobi out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.