Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely hate City. Full to the brim of smug tits who love the smell of their own farts. Can't even fill their stadium despite supposedly being gods gift to football. The absolute cheek of them sarcastically cheering for goals like they are some hard done by side when in reality they are funded top to bottom by blood money. Rats.

Wasn't too bad from us. Let ourselves down at key times with some poor decision making but we don't have a proper commanding presence in the middle of the pitch. We need a small freshen up in the transfer window.

No point sugar coating this performance. Far from good, Ancelotti wanted to assess the players with this game and he will have found out that a few of them is far from good enough.

January sales .. just so long as they get on with it. Never understood why clubs leave it until the last day. Bites you in the bum imo

That was poor. Like watching us under BFS at times.

We need a huge injection of cash, this squad and team are nowhere near the required level to win trophies and/or get into the top 4.

That just pisses me off. City weren’t even good. Two nice goals that were easily preventable. We just didn’t test their clownshoes back line whatsoever.

Why are we the only team that never even give them a game? Other teams show up and we just never do when it comes to City.
To be fair Pep realized that leaving any 2 of his CBs up against DCL and Richarlison was a losing battle, so he sacrificed some of the usual attacking thrust for a sounder backline. It just sucks that he did it today instead of against Wolves a week ago.

Cos you and I deep down know he ain't good enough for what we need. Horrible cos he's one of us.
Probably isn’t good enough. But I see a player there somewhere. His movement is really good, and he’s got good control on the turn. With some coaching I think he could be a decent player, but would require a large inbetween period where, as you say, he isn’t great.

We can’t play Davies against the RS
Problem is we don’t have a commanding midfielder p, we sold him in Gueye and ( Gbamin is injured and we aren’t even sure what he will be like here) so we have Delph,Snides and Davies all would be ok playing with a decent midfielder, but we ain’t got one. For the cup I’d be inclined to play Richarlison in there, then play Kean up top with DCL. Richarlison could manage the job ok imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.