Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

city, utd, rs and chelsea away, we've created chances and good chances at that at all 4 so not clinical enough. we have also shot ourselves in the foot in various ways with the goals conceded. Still plenty to like about this season, it could be better of course, but doesn't deserve the cry arsing witnessed on here today

Agree completely

Theres quality in there and things to build on.

People got carried away with a decent run up until the derby and are now back down to earth with a bump.

Outplayed, Outclassed as expected. Thing is we had 2 glorious chances with Rico (1st Half) Walcott and a very decent chance with Rico in the 2nd half.
Not just this game but we do not dominate in midfield and we squander far too many chances. Positive is we still create chances. Turn them chances into goals and we have a different story. Lookman and Walcott looked dangerous when they came on. Man City showed class with the 2 headed goals by splitting our CB's but more clinical is the accuracy of those crosses. Aimed and not just punted in the general vicinity.

We have been beaten by the most clinical footballing side the PL has known yet we still could have easily came away with an undeserved draw at least.
Why dont we play 4-4-2 more often. Looked good in the second half. By the way Lookman is much better on the left then on the right! Sigurdsson is totally out of form and needs some rest.

Do you know anything about goalkeeping? My guess is no. He charged out to cut down the angle, i.e. reduce the amount of net available to Jesus. He got beat by a very good finish. I suppose you're one of those who insists the keeper never come off his line.
Not being funny but I never said anything about having a problem with him coming off the line but he hasn't made the angle more difficult cause the lad has passed it into the near post because he has not fully covered his near post when coming out.

I think some of you need to learn some expectation management. We’re playing the champions who are backed by an actual state and have the best manager and arguably team in the world.

We meanwhile can’t beat teams such as Watford, Newcastle and Huddersfield at home and never do anything against the top 6. What did people expect?!

Status
Not open for further replies.