Match Thread Manchester City v Everton (Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent performance, in my eyes you can clearly see we are improving. Not many teams will get anything from City this season, they could carve you up with eight men. Just a shame that one mistake cost us.

Would have taken a point before the game and will still take a point now. Fancy us at Chelsea.

Rooney just now: "we had a plan given to us to get men behind the ball and frustrate City"

Great. Just 'kin great.

Logging off here now because there's some things I'd like to say about the mentality of this manager and I'd best not.

Disgusted. Utterly disgusted.

What a whopper even for you Davek You really thought we would blow them off the park ?

Wind your neck in lad your embarrassing yourself

Unbeaten against Guardiola's City in the league. Played 3, drawn 2, won 1. Scored 6 conceded 2.

We were closer to the win this year. Everyone wants the big away win.

It feels gutting because we were again so close but there are definite signs of improvement. City have been strong at home this year, have a top top coach and all the money in the world to burn. They remain favourites for the league.

They were rattled by youngsters - Pickford, Holgate, Davies, DLC. They were rattled by someone who everyone said is finished in Rooney. We are getting there. Slowly, surely.

Rooney just now: "we had a plan given to us to get men behind the ball and frustrate City"

Great. Just 'kin great.

Logging off here now because there's some things I'd like to say about the mentality of this manager and I'd best not.

Disgusted. Utterly disgusted.

It's the second game in dave - chill
All will come good.
But let's be fair it is city at home which is always a tuff place to go even with 10 of them

It was a Jekyll & Hyde display though, we were fantastic in the 1st half, really couldn't fault anything apart from maybe Pickford looking off.

2nd half was utter garbage, we can make excuses but there's no excuses for getting dominated the way City did to us with 1 man less. It's incredibly difficult to take because it should have been our 3 points if we'd done something different and not give City all that possession

we bottled it, no getting away from that which is very disappointing. But hey, we take a point, still unbeaten, positives to be seen, just annoying it's our club mentality to never ever win these sort of games anymore, ever since spurs and city became top teams we can't win away at these grounds either now, adding to the other 4, which is really no good. The rest of the prem do it, terrible terrible teams like burnley can, so we need to find out why we can't.

And lol at the state of this place. But it's been made very clear from the bosses that winding up Everton fans is allowed on here, so it's not getting any better.

Only way to stop it is to not play his game. Remember, he doesn't believe any of this, he just really likes attention.

Not that the red cards matters too much, we would have still drawn this match IMO. We'll appeal and the suspension is going to get rescinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.