Match Thread Manchester City v Everton (Mon 21 Aug 2017, 20:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have taken a draw of course like pretty much everyone here, but the reality is those 3 points should have been ours, we basically caved in 2nd half against a team with 10 vs our 11, pissed off because we've literally pissed away 2 points by inviting City to dominate us, total cuckold display.

Holgate made one mistake, which unfortunately he seems to do regularly, and that was it......I thought it was a decent result against a far better team.......

Rooney just now: "we had a plan given to us to get men behind the ball and frustrate City"

Great. Just 'kin great.

Logging off here now because there's some things I'd like to say about the mentality of this manager and I'd best not.

Disgusted. Utterly disgusted.
200.gif

Holding on for that win would've sent a big message that the new Everton is the real deal...but we all know that isn't the case yet, we lack the cutting edge as we all know. The second half was disappointing, but that first half was an away day masterclass.

Think he set us up right from the start tbh, williams looked like he may have been injured, it was a gutsy move and it made sense to go more attacking. Maybe he would have been better off brining martina on and pushing holgate to centre back? I dunno. The goal was always going to come though, it always does against us in those types of games. I really would like us to go at teams a bit more but we haven't brought in a striker yet, sandro was injured, barkley injured, bolasie injured, siggyurdson not match fit. Our options were pretty limited.

It was a Jekyll & Hyde display though, we were fantastic in the 1st half, really couldn't fault anything apart from maybe Pickford looking off.

2nd half was utter garbage, we can make excuses but there's no excuses for getting dominated the way City did to us with 1 man less. It's incredibly difficult to take because it should have been our 3 points if we'd done something different and not give City all that possession

Still massively require a centre back partner for Keane. Koeman doesn't seem to trust Jags and Williams enough to allow us to play a higher line in these big away games.

Status
Not open for further replies.