Match Thread Manchester City(1) Vs Everton(2) - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 2nd Leg - Weds 27th Jan - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to play to the level of the opposition and love a draw this season so reckon we can get through. Will be a tough ask in the midfield without besic or mccarthy though

So this is probably it then, yeah? Ninety minutes to keep the season from being a total waste. Oh we're in the FA cup, sure, but it's such a crap shoot with the draws with so many teams in it, you never know what will come your way. League is just lol

But here, we've got a semifinal. 90 minutes from Wembley. So close, but for the powder blue mercenaries barring the gates. I've backed Martinez since his hairline wasn't receding at the same rate as our league position, from the highs of year one to those dark winter days of year two. Validate me please, Mr. Martinez.

Win this Everton. And then win again. Please. For my health if nothing else. COYB

Brilliant preview, btw Ijjy

There will be no middle ground.

We will either have a stormer and fluke a result or get proper walloped about 5-1 and be the subject of mockery again.
Yep, I just have no idea what'll happen. We were annoyed when the tie was announced that city were having a bad time but they'd no doubt be firing again by the time we played them. Well, I don't think they are playing all that well and are there for the taking. Or at least they would be, by a remotely decent side, which we presently are not.

Please let McCarthy somehow be ready and raring to go. CM options aren't very appealing right now:

Barry - We shouldn't be depending on a soon to be 35 year old to play consecutively in such tough fixtures and be at their best. I don't think it's fair on the player either. He did manage it in the first leg so fingers crossed he can pull off another miracle.

Cleverley - Isn't a CM.

Gibson - Frozen out, can't expect much after being given 2 games in 4 months. Doutful he even makes the bench even with Besic and McCarthy out.

Osman - ...

I suspect we'll see the Cleverley-Barry-Barkley trio with Barkley dropping back as he seems to do when Cleverley is in there. This combination hasn't exactly worked at all though has it. Don't think we've even won a game with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.