Managerial change positives

Status
Not open for further replies.
That potential new manager list is grim too and feeling cheesed off about it is worse as I can’t even think of a replacement.

To me it became apparent as the year wore on that Ancelotti really is more of a man manager than a tactician and relies heavily on intelligent players with good footballing knowledge. Given that we are desperately short on that sort of footballer, we could actually do better with more of a tactician. I would have preferred him to stay though.

Lots of positives:

We can't possibly play worse football than we did this year.

We'll get a manager actually interested in a long term plan and not just paying it lip service.

We can start signing younger, hungrier players who could develop into top players (think DCL but more frequent) instead of Allan and James (even if they are good players).

We could potentially let the DOF do his job.

We can stop being infatuated with a manager for the things he did for other people.

It's a new day folks.

Oh, i was going to say the only positive is.

Now when our master tactician bedwetters on here and twitter fume, at least now it's justified when Eddie Howe takes us to Norwich on opening day for a 4-0 loss.

Ok proper glass half full thinking here. Carlo is use to managing superstars who do not need any kind of motivation to play well. As our home form has confirmed our players needs motivation to actually try and pass forward and I think Carlo just did not know how to deal with getting losers to try. Also I think Doucoure and Godfrey will play for any manager but Allan and James I am not sure

Ok proper glass half full thinking here. Carlo is use to managing superstars who do not need any kind of motivation to play well. As our home form has confirmed our players needs motivation to actually try and pass forward and I think Carlo just did not know how to deal with getting losers to try. Also I think Doucoure and Godfrey will play for any manager but Allan and James I am not sure

Only problem here is mate, we've not had players who've been motivated since Martinez. In fact, if anything he'd be more used to dealing with primidonna's at the big clubs when things aren't going there way.

Tellingly, Sigurdsson, Keane etc... they've been through 4 managers now, and not even one of the biggest names in management can motivate them, let alone Eddie Howe.

As long as we get a néw decent manager In if he leaves I’m not too worried and 100% expect us to finish higher next season. We played some dreadful football last season, honestly think if it wasn’t down to his previous success of always joining big clubs loads of our fans would have been called for him to be sacked. We finished 10th behind West Ham, Leeds and by far the worst arsenal squad I’ve ever seen.

a manager that wants to play attractive football with long term thinking by buying players that will have resale value and chances to improve loads and we’ll be sound and should see us improve year upon year rather than paying massive wages and signing fees for players that in a couple of years we’ll get nothing at all for whilst having to spend loads to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.