Manager poll *second International break

Are you happy with Benitez being our manager so far?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Neiler hit the nail on the head.

Hes a person who we hated for a long period of time, you cant just forget you hate him, well some of us cant.

I mean take Klopp, we all "hate" him, but personally I dont hate him as much as I hated Benitez, maybe the small club comment stands out.

Would I be happy if Klopp was our next manager? Yeah, probably, Klopp is 1 of the best managers in the world, Benitez was good 14 years ago.
Well, he may not be too shabby, now, judging by (admittedly, early) results.

Doesn’t sound like you Eggs, why don’t you think he should have been appointed?

….it’s well documented that I don’t think he should’ve been considered for the post after publicly belittling us & pandering to the Cult when he called us a ‘small club’. It’s not in the least because he managed the Reds, it’s what he said when managing the Reds.

We are a great club with a proud standing in the game. I believe we have values and that should have meant he wasn’t considered. I have never criticised him as a coach and I hope he does well but he shouldn’t be here in my opinion.

I do find it a little odd that a small number of posters have been immediately besotted with him. I have my doubts @Death would have started this evaluation thread had we got beaten yesterday.

Last edited:
My answer was no in the summer. My answer is no right now, and my answer in the future will also be no. ;)
Just like pavlovian conditioning. Over the coming years you will associate team spirit, quality players who aren't lazy and overpriced, good results and European football with Benitez and you will love him. Salivate to his name even.

You may still stick with a facade on here. With a twisted believe that holding on to hate is a showing of good scrupuls and character. But when really forgiving a person's passed when he's here to help is a better showing of character.

Heres to celebrating good times with you my friend from the REBEL city.

Peace and love x

Voted happy so far, with the emphasis being on ‘so far’. I am delighted with the way Benitez has engendered such spirit in the team, I think two of his signings have been inspired and some of our football has been very exciting. On the other hand, I was very disappointed with the QPR fiasco, we should now be looking at Sunderland between us and the quarter final. I think, with the obvious exception of yesterday, we have not played the better teams yet. Two of his signings have been poor

I don’t like Benitez, I didn’t want him here and I am still not convinced that he is the right choice. I will be interested to see how we cope when we have a run of poor results, I wonder if the current good team spirit will survive that. I also worry how the fans will react if we have a bad run, it doesn’t take long to go from hero to zero around here. The end of the season is the time to judge him, but, all things considered he is doing well so far.

Not matter what he achieves I won't be happy he's Everton manager.

Not arsed what anybody else thinks either.
It's all a matter of personal choice anyway. I imagine if I lived among RS then I'd be more inclined to be sick of anyone previously connected to them. I'm a Londoner and care only about the success of the team, not about who brings it, and I don't care what anybody else thinks either.

It's a difficult one for me because I'm happy Everton are where we are in the league and that is partly due to the manager. I also think though that we might have been better off if he didn't persist playing the lump rondon up front.
I'm coming round to the fact that Rondon is getting in vital match practice and that RB trusts him to put in his fair share of defensive work at set pieces. I always worried about him scoring against us when we played Newcastle and I'm sure he'll get a goal before DCL is back. As long as its not an own goal!

See I have come to realise that we as a club hang onto the past far more than probably any other club in the country. It holds us back.

We need to live in the here and now and right here and now, we are joint second having spent no money, with a horrendous injury list to key players, playing effective, good to watch football.

That'll do for me. Don't care about anything else. Well done Rafael.

When you hold a grudge, you're recalling a past events of negativity. It subjects your body to stress over a prolonged period, which has negative health effects. Mental and physical.

Forgiveness engages the parasympathetic nervous system which helps your immune system function more efficiently and makes room for feelgood hormones like serotonin and oxytocin.

When you hold a grudge, you're recalling a past events of negativity. It subjects your body to stress over a prolonged period, which has negative health effects. Mental and physical.

Forgiveness engages the parasympathetic nervous system which helps your immune system function more efficiently and makes room for feelgood hormones like serotonin and oxytocin.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.