Match Thread Man Utd v Everton. Saturday Oct 2nd.12.30 pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think i would prob put davies as the extra man in midfield is the type of game he should be fired up to show his worth to the manager.
Davies fired up to impress the manager?. He's had five previous managers he failed to impress. So keep strolling about Tom trying half arsed, to get in their way. Oh and give the ball back to them in a really casual style whenever you try and pass it. Then lope back with a limp recovery attempt.

No injuries, no red cards, one point is great, anything more is bonus, even just a clean sheet

1-0 defeat with as you say no injuries and suspensions and I'll be happy in the circs.

Hope teams around us drop points, GD still healthy, move on to West Ham with hopefully most of our injuries back and fit to play.

Anything more is an absolute bonus - we are barebones at present.

5-0 United...2 own goals, a penalty, a worldie and Ronaldo 9th min injury time. Pickford and Davies sent off.

...I've got high hope's for this one!

Rafael's Everton play pragmatic ball given all our injuries - we don't completely roll over and play with energy. We grind to a 0-0 draw at the half, but we run out of steam in the second half and succomb 3-1. Gray keeps up his good form with a worldie in the 67th minute to peg one back, but it's not enough

At least Sportinglife.com thinks we are in with a chance......

Correct Score: Manchester United 1-1 Everton​

Manchester United can rue a late missed penalty last weekend in their loss to Aston Villa, but the truth was they were poor on the day, struggling to create big chances. That question mark remains at Old Trafford, as despite some good attacking displays, they are incredibly inconsistent and appear to still be having issues breaking down a deep block.

Everton look a different team under Rafael Benitez this season, and have in fact collected more expected points (xPoints) than Man Utd heading into this game, while also boasting a defensive process (1.01 xGA per game) bettered only by Man City (0.52). Even with absentees, the Toffees have enough about them to get a result on Saturday.

Best hope for a point will be a great performance from out defence. Clean sheet please lads!

They will give us chances on counter attack.

Gray to cause issues with his pace and another unstoppable strike from Townsend...come on our new boys!

They will be too confident of an easy victory, shove it up um lads

COYB

Davies fired up to impress the manager?. He's had five previous managers he failed to impress. So keep strolling about Tom trying half arsed, to get in their way. Oh and give the ball back to them in a really casual style whenever you try and pass it. Then lope back with a limp recovery attempt.
terribly frustrating to see other teams boasting the likes of Conor Gallagher, Declan Rice or Mason Mount. Gallagher isn't particularly quick or skilful and I actually think our Tom could be like Gallagher, if he actually had more self belief or wanted it more.

down to the bare bones selection wise still

Pickford
Godfrey
Digne
Keane
Mina

Allan
Doucoure
Davies

Townsend
Gray
Iwobi/Gordon/Rondon

Now Benitez might go 5 at the back but i can not see that work well if we dont have a right back who is good getting forward. So that's why i think put another midfielder in so it frees up Doucoure to get forward a bit.

PS: Rondon will start but i can not see him being of much use. Rather have Gray up top so we counter attack.

We might be wasting Gray at a striker

Status
Not open for further replies.