Man City vs Everton... Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Leighton Baines

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • Phil Jagielka

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Ashley Williams

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Mason Holgate

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Morgan Schneiderlin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 394 69.2%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Gylfi Sigurdsson

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Mo Besic

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn't have the ball in the first half due to the quality of their midfield and attack. They lost an anonymous fullback which made little difference to the overall pattern of the game. If you can't get control of midfield then you are far more likely to lose or at least concede. Thought Davies was the main problem as the game passed him by, though the 2 who came on did not change the flow

Well said. My thoughts as well. Even though they were 10 men, they have so much quality so they will still control the game.

Love the postname! Alcohlics banger eh?
There used to be a motorcycle club near me called the Pistonbroke MCC, instead of the skull and cross bones they had a skull with two crossed pistons underneath, one of them snapped in half. Always thought it an original name........and I'm always pissed and broke

I think our defence will be stellar this season.

I have much confidence in our defence this year. Jags and Williams showed that they can still do it at the highest level.

We should not concede much against lesser teams.

Our problem is that if we are going to play 5 at the back and counter we need someone with pace and skill to put the frighteners on the opposition and someone to link. Wales do it with Bale and Ramsey. If you don't get it right you get pinned in your own half.

Two good assists yeah. Haven't disputed he played well last night, just not convinced that he is technically good enough to be leading a Premier League time. Not worried as Koeman knows that too.

calvert lewin did fine but jags rolled back the years. last ditch but was that the formation ?

Our problem is that if we are going to play 5 at the back and counter we need someone with pace and skill to put the frighteners on the opposition and someone to link. Wales do it with Bale and Ramsey. If you don't get it right you get pinned in your own half.

RK has been planning this way since he arrived. That's why Bolassie was bought. Bolassies and his pace was key to the plan.Imagine Bolassie at top pace on the wing v City.....

lol...you can moan all you like Lockie me ole mucker. Odds are mathematical whether your puny brain likes it or not. I'm supposing you had a losing bet Lockie?

Odds are mathematical. There not being a draw for 5 or 6 matches doesn't make the 6th or 7th more likely, you numpty.

I think our defence will be stellar this season.

I have much confidence in our defence this year. Jags and Williams showed that they can still do it at the highest level.

We should not concede much against lesser teams.
We really do need an Ironic font here...or a cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.