Man City vs Everton... Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Jordan Pickford

Votes: 20 3.5%
  • Leighton Baines

Votes: 13 2.3%
  • Phil Jagielka

Votes: 27 4.7%
  • Ashley Williams

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Michael Keane

Votes: 12 2.1%
  • Mason Holgate

Votes: 24 4.2%
  • Morgan Schneiderlin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Idrissa Gana Gueye

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Tom Davies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Votes: 394 69.2%
  • Wayne Rooney

Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Gylfi Sigurdsson

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Mo Besic

Votes: 7 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the difference sandro would have made as opposed to Davies in his advanced position. He would have had the speed to win DCL's knock downs.
Sandro's absence hurt us tonight, so hopefully he gets fully fit soon. I think he would have given City trouble as he is a rather unknown quantity in this league

Are you one of them that believes that certain lottery numbers will come up "because it hasn't for a while".
The probablity of a draw is unaffected by independent events. It's hilarious that you use "mathematically" in that sentence while being utterly anti-mathematics.

Oh, DCL by a country mile by the way.
lol...you can moan all you like Lockie me ole mucker. Odds are mathematical whether your puny brain likes it or not. I'm supposing you had a losing bet Lockie?

We should have played Man City like how davek's hero Roberto used to play them. Heroically and with much fortitude to the tune of 4 losses and 2 draws in the league.

The football was probably exciting though right?

Dcl immense. Pickford, Rooney and Holgate terrific. Hard to be critical of Keane but exposed a little by his standard. Will learn. Not sure that Klaassen was the right sub.

Not sure how Koeman wants to progress in the big games. It's the Same as last year - we have no one who can grab hold of the ball and taken on players to relieve pressure. DCL did a job and Lookman is a possibility but city have a numbers of players like that.

Team lacked pace at the end to put a bit more pressure on citee.

DCL by a mile for MoM. Holgate excellent despite his headed pass to Sterling for the equaliser. Rooney, Jags, Baines and Keane also played well.

Referee? He gave Davies a yellow for diving (although he was contacted by the City player) but not to Aguerro, who did dive, but who Morgan didn't touch when winning the ball. But Morgan got a second yellow for his effort. I don't think Walker deserved a second yellow either. So it looks like Premier League referees are managing to maintain their (pathetically low) standards.

DCL motm easy decision, thought the game passed Davis by and he left Holgate exposed at times so it's to Holgate credit that he cope with everything that came is way. Thought Jag's and Baines were superb tonight. They are a quality side so a point there is a great point.

at the end of day Joey, 1-1 at their place is ok. I think Holgate made an error that Cuco wouldn't have which probably cost us 2 points. Further, I suggest with Cuco playing, we would have got more than one goal.
Big Call that.

I think the while game twisted and turned on all the daft yellows.
IMO, one of the reasons Davies came off (it wasn't lack of legs now was it) was he is young, on a yellow and a card happy Reff...and we all know Reffs like to even things out at the other end...especially at the homes of sky darlings, be it Penalties or Reds

Klassens found himself outside the box on the right, he stuttered and fanny'd about, Davies would've surged into the box.

Then the older more 'experienced' Morgan S. got his red, being late on, not a big deal in the whole game as such. But a ban is a ban.

DCL, of course. Did Sky give it to Rooney? DCL showed great ability and composure throughout and gave everything to the end even though obviously tired and a bit battered. Hopefully someone shows him the landslide he's winning it by here.

We should have played Man City like how davek's hero Roberto used to play them. Heroically and with much fortitude to the tune of 4 losses and 2 draws in the league.

The football was probably exciting though right?

Actually it wasn't, for the most part. Pellegrini had no trouble with this side.

Just got home and poured myself a whisky to try and calm my shattered nerves.

I'm somewhere between made up because of the performance and the point, and gutted because we couldn't hold out for the win, but I think we all knew we'd need a second goal to win it.

As official thread sponsor, and long term cheerleader for DCL, it would be easy for me to give him MOTM, but his performance tonight was pretty much what I expected, so I'm voting for Holgate, for putting in a shift defensively and looking better going forward than I thought he ever could do.

Truth be told, every player can come away tonight with their head held high.

Oh, and a special shout out for the sniffer dog who was more interested in the chips the bloke behind was eating in the queue than any pyros anyone might have had !

Big Call that.

I think the while game twisted and turned on all the daft yellows.
IMO, one of the reasons Davies came off (it wasn't lack of legs now was it) was he is young, on a yellow and a card happy Reff...and we all know Reffs like to even things out at the other end...especially at the homes of sky darlings, be it Penalties or Reds

Klassens found himself outside the box on the right, he stuttered and fanny'd about, Davies would've surged into the box.

Then the older more 'experienced' Morgan S. got his red, being late on, not a big deal in the whole game as such. But a ban is a ban.

Klaassen saved us at the end.

Davies was knackered, and as you say had got a booking.

Really, the sub that probably was the issue was Gylfi.

We needed a bit of pace for an outball and to stretch City at that point. Gylfi couldn't really get on the ball as we didn't have it, and he hasn't got the pace to run in behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.