Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well seeing as this took place between 2011-2016 when Liverpool were pretty crap bar one season I don’t think there is.

City are getting punished for breaking the rules which is a good thing. I don’t get why we’re making yet another thing about Liverpool.
But they are not though it looks more like they are getting punished for lying about breaking the rules.

Well they tried that before. A fine that is. Lets face it, if City hadnt been keeping that lot at bay, we would be calling them out as cheats. Cos thats what they are. They can bleat all they like about building stuff and that, but they signed up to the rules.

They rules are crap, granted, but they didnt challenge them, they avoided them.

Don't get me wrong I hope they're banned because it opens a door for us, but also so they have to compete like the rest of us, as we've found ourselves lately, unable to move on till we get rid of the crap on mega wages

Not just Pep. The whole "project" is under pressure if/when they get punished. The commercial deals will be unwound, the CL prize money will be £0.00 instead of circa £200m over 2 seasons. Wage bill will need cutting as a result, and players will leave due to no CL. And they will not be able to attract decent ones as replacements.

The more you dig down on the "what ifs", the worse it seems to get.

they can actually find some sponsor and inject 200m. Ffp does not forbid any legit sponsor. Not difficult to bypass this restriction if they want to.

This needs highlighting, City havent breached FFP rules, they breached the rules regarding accounting.

Its much worse than a FFP breach, its serious fraud.

No. Accountancy wise, they did nothing that squllions of companies do. Different profit areas, different pay rolls, bonuses in shares not cash, all sorts.

What they did do was to use those accountancy tricks to avoid the specific FFP rules laid down by their governing body.

I think.

No. Accountancy wise, they did nothing that squllions of companies do. Different profit areas, different pay rolls, bonuses in shares not cash, all sorts.

What they did do was to use those accountancy tricks to avoid the specific FFP rules laid down by their governing body.

I think.

From what I read they fudged the numbers.

For example Jimmy Bloggs paid them 20m to sponsor a board in the ground, City put in their accounts that Jimmy paid them 40m.

Not just Pep. The whole "project" is under pressure if/when they get punished. The commercial deals will be unwound, the CL prize money will be £0.00 instead of circa £200m over 2 seasons. Wage bill will need cutting as a result, and players will leave due to no CL. And they will not be able to attract decent ones as replacements.

The more you dig down on the "what ifs", the worse it seems to get.
And thats all without knowing what the Premier League might do.
If this is upheld, it could get very, very bad for them.

they can actually find some sponsor and inject 200m. Ffp does not forbid any legit sponsor. Not difficult to bypass this restriction if they want to.

Would you lob £200m at them if you were head of Coca Cola in their current state?

"Coke means Cheat" Has a ring to it.

I think.

if real cash is injected and proper sponsorship contract with legit funds injected into the club account, ffp can’t do anything.

You will be amaze what arabs and Chinese are capable of.

From what I read they fudged the numbers.

For example Jimmy Bloggs paid them 20m to sponsor a board in the ground, City put in their accounts that Jimmy paid them 40m.

Not quite. Jimmy Bloggs paid them £20m, then Sheik Someone lobbed the other £20m in. Nothing illegal about Sheik Someone lobbing £20m at a company, unless that company operates under FFP.

I think.

Not quite. Jimmy Bloggs paid them £20m, then Sheik Someone lobbed the other £20m in. Nothing illegal about Sheik Someone lobbing £20m at a company, unless that company operates under FFP.

I think.
The first, which led to Uefa’s guilty finding, was that City had overstated their sponsorship revenues to Uefa and in their own accounts between 2012 and 2016, because the club’s owner, Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi, was largely funding the stated £67.5m sponsorship by the country’s airline, Etihad. That was a breach of trust under Uefa’s FFP rules, which limit how much an owner can put into a club to bankroll losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.