Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see plenty of folk questioning UEFA with regards to FFP. You do know that these rules weren't drawn out of their backsides right?
Auditing firms like Deloitte helped draft these regulations.
City haven't denied any of the allegations and are more hell bent on finding out how the emails got leaked. Their owners even sneered that they were willing to splurge more cash on paying lawyers to fight for them rather than payout their fines.

City won't buy themselves out of this hole.
This is going to get much worse for them before it starts to get better.
A two year ban from Europe is the tip of the iceberg.
Taxi for Pep....

City won't buy themselves out of this hole.
This is going to get much worse for them before it starts to get better.
A two year ban from Europe is the tip of the iceberg.
Taxi for Pep....

Not just Pep. The whole "project" is under pressure if/when they get punished. The commercial deals will be unwound, the CL prize money will be £0.00 instead of circa £200m over 2 seasons. Wage bill will need cutting as a result, and players will leave due to no CL. And they will not be able to attract decent ones as replacements.

The more you dig down on the "what ifs", the worse it seems to get.

Great post Roydo and, as you say, the more you look at the 'what ifs', there's no saying where it will end.
Admittedly, I cheered them on last season but if I'd known then what I know now, rather than just suspected, then I'd have saved my breath.

As I've said just my opinion mate - you think differently sound.

We play both of them away

our fixture list is much harder.

Our GD is much worse which is basically -1

We picked up 5 points out of 12 in the last round of games against our next 4 - I cant see us catching them above if we drop similiar points this time around.

If we go on a mad run that can change but I just cant see it.
If Tom Davies dressed proper we'd be nailed on.

Great post Roydo and, as you say, the more you look at the 'what ifs', there's no saying where it will end.
Admittedly, I cheered them on last season but if I'd known then what I know now, rather than just suspected, then I'd have saved my breath.

Its quite scary really. It isnt that much of a jump to see the owners, desperate to cut ties with UEFA, trying to get other big clubs to join them in a new league, the other clubs, who hate them, saying No/Nein/Non, and the owners just packing the whole thing up.

Former LFC CEO Rick Parry one of eight member UEFA panel considering Man City FFP case. No COI there. Clearly.
Well seeing as this took place between 2011-2016 when Liverpool were pretty crap bar one season I don’t think there is.

City are getting punished for breaking the rules which is a good thing. I don’t get why we’re making yet another thing about Liverpool.

Still doubt the ban will be upheld, if anything it will just be one year, but still just think it will be a fine

Well they tried that before. A fine that is. Lets face it, if City hadnt been keeping that lot at bay, we would be calling them out as cheats. Cos thats what they are. They can bleat all they like about building stuff and that, but they signed up to the rules.

They rules are crap, granted, but they didnt challenge them, they avoided them.

Status
Not open for further replies.