Man City Banned From Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree on the US being a good example, I like the luxury tax idea in basketball, it could work in football too, if you have an owner happy to spend more than the cap they have to pay 70% of the amount over the cap to the FA who then can hand it out to grass roots.

I think measures like that make sense. I'd also completely adapt how we hand TV money's out. Make it about how many local players you bring through. Encourage and incentivise putting back into the community to receive funds.

Thanks buddy.

The issue with City I suppose, is if they are kicked out, and it's proven to be wrong, expect litigation for loss of income to follow. Can UEFA pay the 30 million fine, plus the £50+million in lost revenue, plus any damage to reputation that their potentially flawed initial judgement said. It's a big risk. The easy play is to reinstate and see what the courts say. UEFA are playing with fire.

They have definitely set a precedent here, that is if they treat every other team with the same response if they break the same rules as Man City have done, which I don't think they will as the past has taught us.

They have definitely set a precedent here, that is if they treat every other team with the same response if they break the same rules as Man City have done, which I don't think they will as the past has taught us.

If they are inconsistent, it will be taken to an impartial court. They will not want that.

Look Everton should have sought legal action in 1985. I find it highly unlikely we wouldn't do so now if we were treated poorly.

I am aware of this. At present though there is a lot of speculation about the legality of this, and the value of it. I will wait until this is tested in an impartial court before making any value judgements on this. The rest is just speculation.

City are appealing. They must feel pretty confident they can win, if they are prepared to do that, knowing as you say the documents that are private will be made public.

I'll be honest, I really don't see what the fuss is about. It seems to amount to, they have received and spent money. I don't know why this is being framed as such a bad thing.

As for the G14, there will be splits. But if City and Chelsea remain in the PL, all the better. The European super league will be flop and I'd be delighted to see Liverpool partake in it, have all their titles taken off them as a result and never be allowed back. I genuinely hope it goes ahead. They'd realise very quickly they were to the reason football is so popular.

Spot on - the Kopite Lurkers love throwing the Euro super league around without realising it would destroy them.

Imagine the Prem having Man City, Chelsea, Spurs, Usmanov backed Everton, Leicester and Wolves all competing for the title every year it would be great.

The super league on the other hand would get boring very quickly, the atmospheres in the ground would be dead as only rich fans and corporates could attend especially the away games it would kill them.

Sooner they leave the better - but they wont they'll just keep trying to take a bigger slice of the pie in their domestic leagues as they all know they need clubs like Burnley and Newcastle to be able to beat regulary in order to satisfy their glory hunting hordes - getting beat by Barca and Juve every few weeks would soon get boring.

I am aware of this. At present though there is a lot of speculation about the legality of this, and the value of it. I will wait until this is tested in an impartial court before making any value judgements on this. The rest is just speculation.

City are appealing. They must feel pretty confident they can win, if they are prepared to do that, knowing as you say the documents that are private will be made public.

I'll be honest, I really don't see what the fuss is about. It seems to amount to, they have received and spent money. I don't know why this is being framed as such a bad thing.

As for the G14, there will be splits. But if City and Chelsea remain in the PL, all the better. The European super league will be flop and I'd be delighted to see Liverpool partake in it, have all their titles taken off them as a result and never be allowed back. I genuinely hope it goes ahead. They'd realise very quickly they were to the reason football is so popular.
I'd like to see a super league set up, but only if the clubs involved are told that they may never again take part in any other tournament and the players who play in it can't play for their countries, Real and Barcelona would soon start dominating and others who end up lower to mid table every season would want out very quickly but would have no out.

If they are inconsistent, it will be taken to an impartial court. They will not want that.

Look Everton should have sought legal action in 1985. I find it highly unlikely we wouldn't do so now if we were treated poorly.
We didn't in 2005 after being the victims of the most obviously fixed draw and game in history. Moyes even accused them of fixing it and escaped punishment, he accused UEFA of fixing the draw against us and wasn't punished the only reason they could have for not punishing him is that there likely would of been an investigation if they did. https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/7590220/moyes-uefa-hot-balls-cost-us

There's a real opportunity for us.

The reality is, a lot of the issues at the other top teams are systemic as well. I don't believe Manchester United have reached rock bottom yet. There is a legitimate question of how far they can fall/ We very early went down in the 90's.

Arsenal will probably stabilise under Arteta but it's a long way back and a lot of patience will be needed. Will they show it? Similar with Chelsea. However neither are going back to being European super powers in the next 18 months.

Spurs will probably do better next season, and then really fall away post Mourinho as his cycle continues. Even in their positive Mourinho bounce, they are no better than where we are currently. I think kane is close to being finished. I think it's true of a few of their players actually.

The flip top this positive is a lot of teams below us are getting better. Leicester and Wolves particularly, but also Southampton. I also think Brighton might get better under Potter.

So it's a mixed picture, but there's a great chance for us, if we can keep our heads to get close to the top 2. We then have to hope, that the 5th and 6th oldest team in the league begin to fall away (as Spurs have before them with similar ages) and their replacements are not as good. Not certain by any means, but it remains possible. Both City and Liverpool will need to re-build their teams over the next couple of seasons.
I normally agree on a lot of what you post but to say Kane is finished is a bit over the top
What basis have you got for saying that
He’s still in the top 2/3 strikers in the league.

Agree on the US being a good example, I like the luxury tax idea in basketball, it could work in football too, if you have an owner happy to spend more than the cap they have to pay 70% of the amount over the cap to the FA who then can hand it out to grass roots.
Big fan of the nba cap. It let's you go over if you really want to but its massively costly and I believe the luxury penalty gets worse if you're a repeat offender.

Big fan of the nba cap. It let's you go over if you really want to but its massively costly and I believe the luxury penalty gets worse if you're a repeat offender.
The more you go over it the more you pay. I don't know the exact figure but for example if you go 10 million over it's 30% tax on the 10 if you go 20 million over it's 40%tax and so on, also gets higher if you are a repeat offender as you said.

I had no idea the NBA was so high, starts off at 150% tax.. it's a fantastic idea, and should be used in football (soccer) so you have a set amount to spend but can spend more but you have to pay alot to do so, you could have a season or 2 of overspending but there's not too many billionaires would be willing to just pay that amount of luxury tax for absolutely nothing in return.

Don’t see how on earth you come to that conclusion mate.

PL without Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, the RS would rapidly go through the floor
Chelsea are not on the list lad.. any way super league will never happen, it's pure obvious that Real and Barcelona would quickly get into a position of a monopoly, at the moment the wages and the worldwide popularity of the PL is what has PL teams able to compete with those 2 in Europe take away the PL draw and make everything even then most players would rather the weather and lifestyle that Spain offers over England, it wouldn't be too long until all but the Spanish 2 would want out.

Status
Not open for further replies.