Maarten Stekelenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly best goalkeeping performance I've ever seen, not even joking. City should have won by about five clear goals. Fantastic by Stecklenberg.
Did you never ever see Martyn or Southall mate? They racked up those performances regularly.

Great effort by S'burg today like. He flung himself around like a wet rag and without him we'd have been buried about 5-1.

He did a great job today but looking to future team strengthening a good younger goaly is necessary for years to come. Ten months ago I said after seeing a few times on loan at PNE that young Pickford was worth a punt for a couple of million. He was third in line at Sunderland at the time. Now on the bench for England. He was getting MOM every other week thirty miles down the A59 , I,d have thought we should have had him watched and seen the potential then. Even now as rumours develope I still think he has a very good future in the premier, especially the way Sunderland heading in one direction.

Did you never ever see Martyn or Southall mate? They racked up those performances regularly.

Great effort by S'burg today like. He flung himself around like a wet rag and without him we'd have been buried about 5-1.

That reminded me of the 0-0 derby game where martyn single handedly kept out their whole team.... southall? Towards the end of his career when we were crap.... he put in so many performances like that I can't even remember who they were against

He did a great job today but looking to future team strengthening a good younger goaly is necessary for years to come. Ten months ago I said after seeing a few times on loan at PNE that young Pickford was worth a punt for a couple of million. He was third in line at Sunderland at the time. Now on the bench for England. He was getting MOM every other week thirty miles down the A59 , I,d have thought we should have had him watched and seen the potential then. Even now as rumours develope I still think he has a very good future in the premier, especially the way Sunderland heading in one direction.

Meh...most keepers are in the middle of their prime in their 30's. The least priority we have in terms of transfer market agendas.

Status
Not open for further replies.