Maarten Stekelenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Good luck to the most obvious reserve we've ever signed lad.

Bye Joel, with financial backing i would be amazed if we start the season with Joel as the #1 and Stekelenburg has been a back up ever since joining Roma 5 years ago and showed he had dropped a level but still capable of the odd performance when called upon (7 clean sheets in 17 last season when Forster was injured).

Gutted for Joel though, only 1 of the wigan lot thats coming out of the last 2 years with significant improvement, don't think he has done enough to warrant guaranteed #1 and RK is probably thinking the same but might give him early pre season to judge him properly.

He's got a three year deal so I think he's around for a while.

Played in a World Cup final and has over 50 caps for the Netherlands. Professional attitude and a winning mentality. Not the most glamorous signing but could be an important one to have around the first team squad. Koeman knows what he's doing.

I don't expect Joel to be around much longer.

As far as I can tell mate only this officially.

But stay tuned as I believe big things are gonna happen.

Yeah I vaguely remember him being really boss. Then he came to England and just wasn't.
not ever quite sure what happened to him really, he even had a very good start at Roma, got injured and didn't seem the same.

whether that be due to various injuries, or lack of confidence i don't know, but hopefully even if he is going to be back up we can try and get him back to his old levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.