Maarten Stekelenburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is playing well and hasn't given any indication that he's not good enough for us?
Two games in and he ballsed up for today's conceded goal.

Nothing against him whatsover. But he's a big risk. Let's lessen that risk and get a top class keeper in.

Wouldn't say 'top class' mate. Robles did well last season when he came in but never in a million years would anyone call him a starting GK.

11 days in the window left...let's not arse about. Get in there and grab Timo Horn from Cologne or whatever.
It all depends on Koeman. I've only heard about Hart and Begovic, so I am not sure GK is too much of a concern for him. We should be out to get an upgrade though.

I'd rather have Stekwhatever than Hart, that's for sure. But I'd sooner have a top class GK in who's going to do it week in and week out. I dont see why we should settle on a second string gk at S'ton, tbh.
fair point.but i dont think we should settle for hart hes not the answer silly money for a gk whos certainly got a howler or 2 in him

Normally as soon as a keeper gets touched and he goes down its a free kick. But not for us.

Thought he was brilliant today to be fair. Two very good saves that kept us in the game.

Happy with him number one and robles number two this season. We need to spend the money else where. Maybe next summer look at a big name number one

Overall it appears that he has had a strong start for us, although admittedly I haven't seen the supposed mistake for today's goal.

Credit where credit is due and it adds confidence that we've got an experience, reliable keeper who again made some great saves today.

That doesn't mean however that we still shouldn't be looking to strengthen this position if the opportunity arises in the window.

It would be a superb situation (and one we've not had for a while) to have Stekelenburg, Robles and another top quality signing to chose from.

Its time to get serious and slap the Stokes of this world right down as we did those French beauts with Koeman. Slap a £30m bid in for Butland and test their resolve, if nothing else get his head turned and he may fancy the move and make it known.

Status
Not open for further replies.