Lyon Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel so sorry for anyone and everyone who’s paid anything to travel or watch this game

Don’t waste your sympathy on me.

I am having a ball over here and so is every bugger I have met.

No one forced us to come......we came for love of EFC.

One thing I have always said......love your team beyond the winning of trophies or even the winning of matches.

And when things are grim, we have to stand by them even more :dance:

COYBB

Just had a walk down Place Bellecour, the main square here, there aren't many bars around there ... infact I didnt find a single bar there (I did only walk down one side of it like because it's huge).

Just in the old town having a pint now.

The fellow in my hotel told me to go to that square :(

Irish/British pubs I know of James Joyce, St James & Wallace bar (all old town) & King Arthur just over the river from the old town.

Lyon is a splendid city......super Bridges across the river.

I saw a lovely big Gothic cathedral in the distance so I will go there tomorrow.

There seems to be a mini Eiffel Tower as well.

But coming in on the Rhône Express one passes a refugee camp and it is heartbreaking seeing the people all sat outside tents.
Reminded me of presthaven sands but better facilities

Don’t waste your sympathy on me.

I am having a ball over here and so is every bugger I have met.

No one forced us to come......we came for love of EFC.

One thing I have always said......love your team beyond the winning of trophies or even the winning of matches.

And when things are grim, we have to stand by them even more :dance:

COYBB

Did you manage to get yourself a ticket yet K?

6:30am - Wake up. Receive team news. Vent about team news on GOT.
7:00am - Kick-off. Sit in front of tele with my coffee.
7:45am - Halftime. Try to make myself feel better with bacon and eggs for brekkie. Inform GOT of my breakfast plans. Vent about the game on GOT.
8:00am - Second half starts. Set up laptop to work first hour of the day from home.
8:15am - Vent on GOT about the second-half substitutions / lack thereof.
8:30am - General vent about Ashley Williams' weight, Rooney's legs have gone, no pace, what exactly is it that Klaassen does.
8:50am - Game over. Do dishes. Maybe answer a couple of work e-mails. Vent on GOT about the result.
9:00am - Get ready for work. Eventually head to the office. Vent some more about the result. Take solace in the fact it's Friday (TGIF!) and the weekend is coming up....... Oh. Forgot Everton are playing AGAIN on the weekend. Pass the bleach.

Status
Not open for further replies.