Lyon Roll Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots of fun in Lyon. We were in with the home supporters in the top tier who were very vociferous in their support of OL. Getting to and from the ground was bonkers, not surprised they never fill that ground because people just must be put off by the time incurred.
Really glad I went, lovely weather, met a lot of very pleasant Evertonians and the food and drink were great. Everton losing didn't spoil it though a win would have made it amazing. Watford looks like a massive challenge now though.

Lots of fun in Lyon. We were in with the home supporters in the top tier who were very vociferous in their support of OL. Getting to and from the ground was bonkers, not surprised they never fill that ground because people just must be put off by the time incurred.
Really glad I went, lovely weather, met a lot of very pleasant Evertonians and the food and drink were great. Everton losing didn't spoil it though a win would have made it amazing. Watford looks like a massive challenge now though.
Yep, weather great, city wonderful, stadium spectacular, food and drink spot on.

Boss day yesterday up until the match, the whole police operation of getting fans back to the city was absolutely insane.

The exit for that stadium cannot be safe, if something went wrong there nobody would have had a chance.
Those flamin steps went on forever, thought when we finally got to the bottom Satan would be waiting to greet us. Which in a way would have been appropriate given the queue for the buses felt like purgatory.
On a plus side at least they organised free rail travel back into the city , which made it a bit easier and quicker than the outward journey.
Stupid place to build a ground though.

That's what I was thinking, you couldn't put up with that journey on a regular basis.

Boss day yesterday up until the match, the whole police operation of getting fans back to the city was absolutely insane.

The exit for that stadium cannot be safe, if something went wrong there nobody would have had a chance.

It was like Hillsborough never happened.

I was in the middle of that mass coming down that stairwell and if a surge had come from the back their could have been a calamity.

Then Plod funnels us on those buses like cattle going on a truck.

UEFA get themselves into a state of indignation and meet out hefty fine-over an Everton fan chucking a plastic bottle on the pitch in the Split game or Celtic fans waving political banners or they close down grounds for racist behaviour.

But there’s is never a god darned word about the shambles that was us getting out of Lyon last night.

And those other infractions pale into insignificance when one sees just how easily a tragedy could still occur in this day and age.

Just not good enough, UEFA.

That said, the stewarding was low key as far as I could see and my experience inside the ground
was fine up until I tried to get out the stadium....

Status
Not open for further replies.