Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've been told by a fellow youth player at the club, Garbutt is on between £25k-30k per week after a golden contract by Martinez.

Apparently, this is a pretty large sticking point in out efforts to get rid of him and has induced some disharmony as other players think he's awful.
Getting even more out of us than Hibbert did then without even playing.Another masterstroke from Martinez and/ or our Board.

From what I've been told by a fellow youth player at the club, Garbutt is on between £25k-30k per week after a golden contract by Martinez.

Apparently, this is a pretty large sticking point in out efforts to get rid of him and has induced some disharmony as other players think he's awful.

100% this. Heard exactly the same, players quite shocked when they found out

To be fair, a lot did whinge about him not signing a new deal when Southampton came sniffing and were made up he signed...

I'll put my hand up, when he signed back on after his Europa League performances in 2014/15, I thought we had a natural successor to Baines. Amazing how quickly things went south for him after his Fulham loan.

It'll be interesting to see if Silva even gives him a chance in pre-season.

Amazing someone can make so much money without actually turning up for work.

6 years since his debut and 5 appearances later. Christmas has made more appearances than LG.

Don't tell me they pay Garbutt £25k per week? No chance.
I won't - It's 30k
If you remember, Garbutt made naive, if true comments about how, at the Newcastle game, nobody knew what they were supposed to be doing.
Martinez's carrot and stick was to give him a new contract for 30k and mkve him out on loan, to gain experience, aka, gtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.