Luke Garbutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

messymascot

Player Valuation: £35m
Sorry I'm starting new thread but all the others appear to be locked.

At the start of next season he will be 24 which is the same age as Baines was when he finally nailed down the LB slot as his own. I think if hes fit and they've registered him in the 25 man squad he should be given a couple of games towards the end of the season to see what he can actually do. I know he wasn't much good on either of his loan spells but some players thrive with stronger players around them. He might just save us a few million as a capable back up to Baines is one of the positions we definitely need filled before next season starts!

At the start of next season he will be 24 which is the same age as Baines was when he finally nailed down the LB slot as his own. I think if hes fit and they've registered him in the 25 man squad he should be given a couple of games towards the end of the season to see what he can actually do. I know he wasn't much good on either of his loan spells but some players thrive with stronger players around them. He might just save us a few million as a capable back up to Baines is one of the positions we definitely need filled before next season starts!
Can't defend a dime, would rather look at Connolly who by all accounts is doing well at Wigan and 4 years younger beside.

If I am Koeman I won't take such risk and jeopardize the league results. Yea Garbutt was in and out during his loan spell at Wigan earlier in the sesson. I think it's best if he can show his worth in the U23 and we start from there.

Baines, for me is still class. We just need to find a capable, up and coming lad as backup next season.

If I am Koeman I won't take such risk and jeopardize the league results. Yea Garbutt was in and out during his loan spell at Wigan earlier in the sesson. I think it's best if he can show his worth in the U23 and we start from there.

Baines, for me is still class. We just need to find a capable, up and coming lad as backup next season.

I was thinking once we are clear of West Brom and have no chance of top 4. I agree we need back up/rotation as there is no way Baines can play 2 games a week if we get Europa. He did alright 2014/2015 in the European games against some decent opponents. I believe there is a good player in there just needs opportunity to show. Also now we have Koeman as managed he may be taught better positional play.

I was thinking once we are clear of West Brom and have no chance of top 4. I agree we need back up/rotation as there is no way Baines can play 2 games a week if we get Europa. He did alright 2014/2015 in the European games against some decent opponents. I believe there is a good player in there just needs opportunity to show. Also now we have Koeman as managed he may be taught better positional play.

True. One thing I am not sure is if these players are up to the level how come they are not getting games in lesser clubs during the loan spells? The same is applied to Galloway but he is at West Brom which is a far superior club than Wigan.

True. One thing I am not sure is if these players are up to the level how come they are not getting games in lesser clubs during the loan spells? The same is applied to Galloway but he is at West Brom which is a far superior club than Wigan.

Some players just don't suit certain teams. I would like to see Galloway LCB and Garbutt LWB in some pre season games in a 3 at the back formation.

Barkley couldn't get in at Leeds. Harry Kane struggled on loan these are both now internationals.

...I don't like the idea of 'giving him a few games to see how he goes'. You can't give players a trial in the Premier League where points are precious. I would think RK already has a view on Garbutt as he has on all of his players and I doubt he considers him a first team player.

...I don't like the idea of 'giving him a few games to see how he goes'. You can't give players a trial in the Premier League where points are precious. I would think RK already has a view on Garbutt as he has on all of his players and I doubt he considers him a first team player.

He won't be at the club come next season, at 24 he's not made it and has regressed over how he was at 21, failed to take his chance to impress on loan, the poster boy for players thinking they don't have to put the effort in when they have talent.

He won't be at the club come next season, at 24 he's not made it and has regressed over how he was at 21, failed to take his chance to impress on loan, the poster boy for players thinking they don't have to put the effort in when they have talent.

...I was amazed he signed a new contract when his stock was high and he could've negotiated his own move elsewhere. I thought it was a good move from the club to get him signed up because a decent transfer fee was in the pipeline but he's clearly gone backwards. I suppose a summer move depends on who might want him and whether they can match his salary.

...I was amazed he signed a new contract when his stock was high and he could've negotiated his own move elsewhere. I thought it was a good move from the club to get him signed up because a decent transfer fee was in the pipeline but he's clearly gone backwards. I suppose a summer move depends on who might want him and whether they can match his salary.

Guessing we will probably be able to pick up a smallish (Gibson type) fee for him in the summer mate, surprised he signed a new deal myself, then again maybe he was happy to sit there earing money for not playing

Status
Not open for further replies.