Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Haven't seen a worse Everton striker in the last decade than Lukaku since November

Off the top of my head...

Beattie
Bent
Johnson
Jelavic

I mean, if we're talking poor runs of form. Everyone of those players I mentioned above either had poor runs of form or never really got going to begin with.

Who cares about goals - the barren spell they share, but Jelavic put a shift in. Lukaku on the other hand has done absolutely sod all, period.

In any given 2-3 month period, Jelavic was never as bad overall as Lukaku has been since November.

Says it all doesn't it?

Strikers are there to score goals, not put a shift in. Jelavic nearly went an entire year without putting the ball in the net. He could run a marathon every game for all i care, if he's not scoring goals.

I mean, i'd rather play a CM up front if that's the case, because they'd have more ability on the ball than Jelavic had.

1) He's a deep-lying centre mid mate
2) He's just signed for Napoli

But it's a good point you make. As for the Lukaku bashing he's been poor the last month or so but he will be a miss no question. Can't believe people are saying he won't be!

didn't know that, its a big factor for me how many times have we seen our strikers isolated over the years? we don't have that CAM to unlock a defence with a killer through ball. For me Barkley is best suited as a CM who can drive forward with the ball and maybe as he matures he can develop an end product but right now not having that CAM is costing us IMO.

Do you think he feels that he doesnt have to put a shift in because he knows he's a guaranteed starter? If Kone were fit i think we'd be seeing a better Lukaku.

Not really mate, I just think he's got a bit of a sulk in him. His comments about Chelsea should have been a warning sign, Mourinho was spot on with his comments. He hasn't put a shift in as he couldn't be arsed IMO - thought he was bigger than he actually was. Comments about "not playing to his strengths" etc. were nonsense.

People will give him tons of slack on here as he's boss on FIFA or something, but he's been beyond gash for months.

The over-slating of Lukaku tonight has been unbelievable. He had 20 minutes tonight in a cagey opening and was injured by our own player when they scored. If it's his ligaments it could be 4/5 weeks or it could be the rest of the season. Hard to tell. We need to invest now but in all honesty I don't think we will (which would be a disgrace!)

End of the day Bobby got his tactics all worn tonight in regards to pressing so high up the pitch and shows for all his wise words he's still quite naive in terms of having a 'Plan B'. Doesn't help that half of our squad is injured/unfit and that the board haven't (or seemed to have not) give him any money.

I understand he's been poor recently, but he played really well against United, Arsenal and Fulham, and seems to have tired over Christmas. Iceing on the cake is him being crocked by Barry (who I think has been poor recently bar Norwich).

Last edited:

Off the top of my head...

Beattie
Bent
Johnson
Jelavic

I mean, if we're talking poor runs of form. Everyone of those players I mentioned above either had poor runs of form or never really got going to begin with.

Honestly don't think mostof those players had worse runs of extended form than Lukaku over a period of months. Definitely not Bent or Johnson, massively harsh that, can argue with James Beattie 2006, but honestly it's not far off that for Lukaku since November. He's been last.

Jelavic ALWAYS put a shift in, which is more than you can say for Lukaku since November.

Some of the comments regarding Lukaku are just crazy.

The lad has all the attributes to be top class, and those who say he doesn't put a shift in? Give me a break.

Absolute disaster that we've now lost him for the season, yet some will say 'not a great loss'. Deary me, we'll play Naismith at the weekend up top then if that's what you want.

Honestly think comparing Lukaku's performances over the last two months to Jelavic is a disservice to Jelavic. Haven't seen a worse Everton striker in the last decade than Lukaku since November, which is infuriating as he was unplayable from September to November.

At least his injury should force Martinez to sign a competent striker in the next few days. Although if his idea of a competent striker is anything like his idea of a competent centre-half then I'm badly worried seeing how Alcaraz played tonight. Abysmal.
oh ffs wind your neck in, jela and lukaku aren't in the same universe

The lad has all the attributes to be top class, and those who say he doesn't put a shift in? Give me a break.

Absolute disaster that we've now lost him for the season, yet some will say 'not a great loss'. Deary me, we'll play Naismith at the weekend up top then if that's what you want.

repped with all my might

which is a paltry 162 rep

He has it all in his locker, but to blindly ignore how bad he is is just stupid IMO.

We should be doing that now really. Just buy him outright, it's obvious how good he is.

I said that in this very thread, and I rate the lad, but he's been absolutely atrocious for a long, long time now and he's not even putting the work rate in to play himself into form.

I get it, he's a big name player, people love him in the Everton shirt, but come on, let's be completely honest, he's been manure for a sustained period of time now and there's not even a hint of him improving.

Honestly don't think mostof those players had worse runs of extended form than Lukaku over a period of months. Definitely not Bent or Johnson, massively harsh that, can argue with James Beattie 2006, but honestly it's not far off that for Lukaku since November. He's been last.

Jelavic ALWAYS put a shift in, which is more than you can say for Lukaku since November.

I know Bent and Johnson. How do I know this?

Because I saw these same types of posts when they were going through the same thing that Lukaku is going through now.

Heck, Yakubu wouldn't score in two matches and Evertonians would predictably be all over his back.

For me, I'd much rather have a healthy Lukaku than what we're facing now and I think I'm speaking for the vast majority of Evertonians when I say I sure hope he's able to play again this season.

The over-slating of Lukaku tonight has been unbelievable. He had 20 minutes tonight in a cagey opening and was injured by our own player when they scored. If it's his ligaments it could be 4/5 weeks or it could be the rest of the season. Hard to tell. We need to invest now but in all honesty I don't think we will (which would be a disgrace!)

End of the day Bobby got his tactics all worn tonight in regards to pressing so high up the pitch and shows for all his wise words he's still quite naive in terms of having a 'Plan B'. Doesn't help that half of our squad is injured/unfit and that the board haven't (or seemed to have not) give him any money.

I understand he's been poor recently, but he played really well against United, Arsenal and Fulham, and seems to have tired over Christmas. Iceing on the cake is him being crocked by Barry (who I think has been poor recently bar Norwich).

Personally I'm not judging his performance tonight, that would be unfair.
But the loan spell has been a failure. In my eyes

I know Bent and Johnson. How do I know this?

Because I saw these same types of posts when they were going through the same thing that Lukaku is going through now.

Heck, Yakubu wouldn't score in two matches and Evertonians would predictably be all over his back.

For me, I'd much rather have a healthy Lukaku than what we're facing now and I think I'm speaking for the vast majority of Evertonians when I say I sure hope he's able to play again this season.

Based on what? What aspect of Lukaku's performances since the end of November justifies that?

Ignore his name for a second - if we'd have been playing Naismith and he'd put in the same performances during that time, would you be backing him?

Status
Not open for further replies.