2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not blindly sticking to a view on a player (either positive or negative) regardless of their performances is weird, then yes - that's me.
Now I'm confused. If you've not been rating him from his first year aren't you essentially saying he's never been good?

Defending was never Baines strong point, overlapping was his best quality.
Baines was better known for his attacking. Same with Digne and even Coleman in his early years. Our full backs have been and are defenders in name only. It's been a while since we had a proper defensively-sound full back.

Eh? I thought he was brilliant for his first 2 seasons.
Ok I misunderstood and now you misunderstood so let me set it straight: he's been the same player his whole time for me. His level hasn't significantly raised or dropped. I don't understand the subsection, or hell maybe the majority, that seem to have this take, that you clearly have, where he's dropped way off.

With Digne i have always looked past his defensive misgivings because of the threat he carries in an attacking position. He's certainly not a bad defender but when the attacking threat is on the decline you can't not look at the rest of his game & see that he isn't a great defender either who is a bit lightweight.
He needs to find himself soon or else he's just another player not pushing us onwards & the inevitable calls for him to be replaced will be justified. I know we all hope he finds some form because we are all fond of him but I'm at that point in my support for this club where i just don't care about being sentimental anymore. I want better.

Lost his man for the first goal then an OG - awful this season captain Birdseye today .........why as Captain is he marking a 6 footer on the near post ? We also almost conceded early on as he was outjumped & our keeper saved us ..,.
We needed two new fullbacks pre season .......end of ....

Lost his man for the first goal then an OG - awful this season captain Birdseye today .........why as Captain is he marking a 6 footer on the near post ? We also almost conceded early on as he was outjumped & our keeper saved us ..,.
We needed two new fullbacks pre season .......end of ....
There's practically a 0% chance any fullback we signed would have displaced him

Status
Not open for further replies.