2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was told be more defensive last season too. Have you forgotten the style under Carlo already? Still worked better than Benitez' neither here nor there style tbf
Digne is being criminally misused in this system. In the era of attacking full backs, we have a great one but have Jurassic period management.

Digne himself has spoken of a new style asked of him this season.

Agreed

If you’re not intelligent enough to understand digne is playing to instructions then you should be banned from going to the game

Loads of absolute gimps support our team who have never played football in their lives
Has he been told how not to defend. His defending is woeful and has been for a few seasons now. I played footy at Sunday league level so I must qualify for an opinion :)

Agreed

If you’re not intelligent enough to understand digne is playing to instructions then you should be banned from going to the game

Loads of absolute gimps support our team who have never played football in their lives
We have a lot of gimp posters on here as well..?

Has he been told how not to defend. His defending is woeful and has been for a few seasons now. I played footy at Sunday league level so I must qualify for an opinion :)
To be honest mate I was just half cut and bored and wanted to be antagonistic ?

Due to the system we play, he has less freedom offensively, than if we were to play 5-3-2 / 3-5-2, or 4-2-3-1 with double pivot. This does not mean that he can not contribute offensively, but as we play now we can not have both side backs high in the field.

We are also a team that does not prioritize ball possession, but rather wants to create and utilize transitions. Which means that we rarely get the opportunity to organize the team - with good balance - in the last third.

Look around. If, in 2021, you think a full back's primary function is to be defensive then you belong in the dark ages with Benitez. There's a right back across the park who's weakness is defending and he's the best in his position in the world.
Right, but it's a very important skill. Now I do not agree that he is as bad as some people think he is either. On the contrary, he is very skilled at doing what he is supposed to in LFC's system. I do not think Digne had come close to being able to play with the same intensity, nor handled 1 vs. 1 situations defensively as Trent.

Status
Not open for further replies.