2021/22 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been told to stay back.

We might as well just sign a £5mil Hibbert clone left back and play them instead.

Regardless of being told to stay back or not, he hasn't lobbed in a tackle in anger for weeks, cajoled his teammates, stuck in a decent cross, offered himself as an outlet.

He's been absolutely rubbish Zat and is literally coasting through games in a coma.

Regardless of being told to stay back or not, he hasn't lobbed in a tackle in anger for weeks, cajoled his teammates, stuck in a decent cross, offered himself as an outlet.

He's been absolutely rubbish Zat and is literally coasting through games in a coma.
Problem is, whenever he does throw in an angry tackle he gets booked because he’s poor at tackling!
He’s one of the best attacking full backs we’ve ever had who’s now in a system where almost all of his game is about defending so yeah he’s looked crap.

He’s got either Richarlison or Gray in front on him in a defend first mentality line up and Doucoure has been given more licence to get forward which means if him and Coleman both go we’ve got Allan trying to plug holes either side when he’s actually trying to press high up the pitch instead…
Mad!

Problem is, whenever he does throw in an angry tackle he gets booked because he’s poor at tackling!
He’s one of the best attacking full backs we’ve ever had who’s now in a system where almost all of his game is about defending so yeah he’s looked crap.

He’s got either Richarlison or Gray in front on him in a defend first mentality line up and Doucoure has been given more licence to get forward which means if him and Coleman both go we’ve got Allan trying to plug holes either side when he’s actually trying to press high up the pitch instead…
Mad!

It's a mess Shibby and they're all crap basically.

Every time he does go forwards, the move usually breaks down. He's so slow, he can't beat a man, and now his one asset, his crossing, is also poor. Such a fall from being one of our best players to this. It's beyond any manager's fault too – he just hasn't been at the same level for the last couple of years.

He has been very poor and for more than a couple of weeks, more like a couple of seasons and his game is full of carelessness, same as being not fully focussed, maybe because there is no one to challenge him for his place.

It's a mess Shibby and they're all crap basically.
I’ll always fight for Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan and DCL as not being crap but yeah, you’re not far wrong.
I used to argue Digne was as good as any LB in the league but now, whilst he’s tactically not able to go forward as much, I can’t even remember the last time he put in a single good ball.

I’ll always fight for Richarlison, Doucoure, Allan and DCL as not being crap but yeah, you’re not far wrong.
I used to argue Digne was as good as any LB in the league but now, whilst he’s tactically not able to go forward as much, I can’t even remember the last time he put in a single good ball.

DCL and Doucoure for me, then Godfrey, Gray & Richarlison....after that I can't make a case for any of them.

Digne has been nothing short of dreadful lately. Its not about talent with half of this team, it's about effort, application, commitment and running that extra yard. They simply don't do it. They're coasting through games.

I think he has been poor since Ancelotti came in more or less, both Ancelotti and Benitez have required him to focus more on the defensive part of his role. The player is not a good defender and has looked neither happy nor comfortable on the pitch for the past season and a half.

really good offensively. Defensively he’s been found out, he simply can’t defend. Never stops crosses and always gets a booking because he’s out of position and fouls the opposing player. Guaranteed it happens again tonight, watch how easy it is to get past him.

Dropped from the squad tonight and not due to injury. Fair enough he's not been at his best at all for a long time but this is another case of Benitez' arrogance. Bombs out our most creative player in James, now is gonna do the same thing to our second most creative player in Digne. To have a fit player of his quality not even in the squad when we're in the form we are with the level of player our bench has is negligent from Benitez.

Status
Not open for further replies.