2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inevitable we'll lose him to one of the big boys this summer.

Question is, which one will it be? West Ham or Watford?
I'd be dead annoyed if he went to either of them...or Wolves or Leicester. There is a 5 team mini-league (best of the rest league) that is developing....and I want Everton to compete strongly. We cannot sell our best players to immediate rivals for that title.

Can't believe Barca sold him to us when they are short in that position after Jordi Alba who I don't think is as good as him at all, maybe I have blue tinted glasses on

Next seasons penalty taker.With VAR he'll get 15+ total including his free kicks and the odd 25 yarder.

Digne was our 2nd best player last season but don't pretend like he's flawless.

He was literally at fault for all 3 of the goals West Ham scored against us. He also scored that own goal against Southampton, got sent off after 11 min vs Huddersfield resulting in him being suspended against Wolves. He was at fault for a ridiculous amount of goals this season.

He's also a ball hog. With 2627 touches on the ball he had more than any other Everton player. Fair enough that a lot of our plays go down our left side but that's just ridiculous. He touches the ball more often than any of our forwards, midfielders or wingers. How many games did we lose purely because of this alone?

Jorginho is always called out for being a ball hog that does very little with it, and even he progresses our buildup play better while Digne generally just plays it between him & Bernard down the left by the corner flag. This in my opinion might be our bottleneck in attack.

As far as his goal contributions goes, he does have his fair share of moments this season but you can also just look at his G/A to see half of his goals were scored in the 5-1 vs Burnley and half of his assists were in losses vs City & Newcastle. That's 3 of his 6 G/A that essentially resulted in nothing.

Digne deserves credit for what he has done, but topping the chances created chart really isn't as impressive as it sounds seeing as he robbed Sigurdsson off of set piece duty & created 4x fewer goals from them. When you actually look at his stats from open play he only has 32 chances created. Meaning more than half of his key passes are from set pieces. Put any fullback on set pieces and it will add anywhere from 15-40+ chances created.

Heck Baines created 116 chances in 2012/13, the most chances of any player because he took literally every single set piece.

DFGcuRGXkAMeMhr.jpg

Digne was our 2nd best player last season but don't pretend like he's flawless.

He was literally at fault for all 3 of the goals West Ham scored against us. He also scored that own goal against Southampton, got sent off after 11 min vs Huddersfield resulting in him being suspended against Wolves. He was at fault for a ridiculous amount of goals this season.

He's also a ball hog. With 2627 touches on the ball he had more than any other Everton player. Fair enough that a lot of our plays go down our left side but that's just ridiculous. He touches the ball more often than any of our forwards, midfielders or wingers. How many games did we lose purely because of this alone?

Jorginho is always called out for being a ball hog that does very little with it, and even he progresses our buildup play better while Digne generally just plays it between him & Bernard down the left by the corner flag. This in my opinion might be our bottleneck in attack.

As far as his goal contributions goes, he does have his fair share of moments this season but you can also just look at his G/A to see half of his goals were scored in the 5-1 vs Burnley and half of his assists were in losses vs City & Newcastle. That's 3 of his 6 G/A that essentially resulted in nothing.

Digne deserves credit for what he has done, but topping the chances created chart really isn't as impressive as it sounds seeing as he robbed Sigurdsson off of set piece duty & created 4x fewer goals from them. When you actually look at his stats from open play he only has 32 chances created. Meaning more than half of his key passes are from set pieces. Put any fullback on set pieces and it will add anywhere from 15-40+ chances created.

Heck Baines created 116 chances in 2012/13, the most chances of any player because he took literally every single set piece.

DFGcuRGXkAMeMhr.jpg
lol lol

Another thread, another instance of sageyefc dodging the topic at hand. Sure didn't see that coming.
So he's a bad player because he wants the ball??

And maybe siggyfraud would still be on set pieces of he could beat the first man

Status
Not open for further replies.