Liverpool vs Everton - Sun 30th 16:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have been here before, on the ropes, down on confidence, season on the slide, facing must win games or looking into the abyss.

its games like this where the everton i know stand up and carry the fight.

a lot will depend on the referee, i wonder if it will be clattenburg.

well, at least we have them coming into this game on a downer after getting dicked by the Mancs. Still think we need to seriously up it but a lot depends on those injured and who can come back. Need the likes of Cahill, Yobo and Pienaar back desperately

Yobo and Pienaar without a doubt, Jags seems to lost his bearing when he move into Yobo position seems like he got used to Yobo playing there and we need Pienaar creativity.

Having Cahill back would be nice but if he is not ready to start from the beginning then it best he start from the bench.

It's good to know Mascherano is not going to play any part although Torres should have been sent off with a 2nd yellow card for diving.

I don't like this thread.
It's depressing me.
I'm flying into John Lennon on Friday night.
First time back since my mother's funeral in November 2003.
Time before that, my dad died.
Promised my brother and sisters I'd be over for a happy occaision.
My family and friends are all well thankfully.
I'm gonna buzz seeing everyone.
I may have a ticket waiting for me
The Derby is going to be the icing on the cake (Even if I watch it in the pub)
Yak is going to score his 20th of the season.
Osman or Lescott will get the other (maybe both will score. I'm not clear on that one).
I'm staying with my best (rs) mate.
He's going to kick me out on Sunday night for humming Z cars continually;)
COYB

Im excited for this match now, i may be able to get a ticket, but i wont know until friday really...this match is teh big one, we may have played bad against other teams, but against the top 4 we always play well, hopefully we will get a draw, but if we win, it will be entirely through yakubu imo...

...Also the 2 nights before should be good, couple of sing offs in the pubs...cant wait :)

As long as we don't lose I'll be happy. With Derby coming up after the match, and Pool' playing the Arse, I think I would be content with a draw. Would be absolutely delighted with a win though!:D

I did post my initial reaction straight after an abysmal performance...but after the United game I don't see why we can't go there and get a win again hopefully boost our confidence and kick us on out of the bad patch of form and into a champions league spot.

COYB.

Last edited:

I was down after the Hammers game but sod it, not going to look ahead to this game for the next 6 days and get my knickers in a twist. If we can get some of our players back that were missing last week, we have a chance.

Man for man I think we can at least match them or beat them.

If I was neutral, the only players I would have in the side would be Super Shitty G and Torres, and I would have Babel and Benayoun on the bench for summat different.

Their Back 4 is woeful and only look good coz they have refs on their side - Carragher should have had another pen against him on sunday AND been sent off as last man! Their goalie has lost the plot.

I actually think Mascherano being banned has done them a favour, coz he is crap.

We just need a little belief, the physio to earn his dough and get in their faces.
Torres, if he is being marked well and gettin no service, as we saw on Sunday, will spit his dummy out, Gerrard and Kuyt will get sent off.

Then the Yak will score, AJ off the bench will nick another one 0-2 to us and 4th place SHALL be ours mwahahahaha

I watched the game last night and i honestly beleive we can get the three points. We just need to frustrate them and they will bottle it like last night. Hopefully our midfield can hold onto possession and take Torres completely out of the game, i agree with the earlier comment, there back four arent great, i think we should really pressure them with crosses into the box as long as we have guys going forward.

I know its the derby but we really got to hold the excitment in, we cant afford to get anyone sent off, hopefully we can frustrate them long enough to make them start commiting stupid fouls. I really do think our guys will really lift for this one, and i pray we have a full strength side. ill say 3-1 to us (Yakubu, Cahill and Neville with the goals)

Status
Not open for further replies.