Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder what happens if "the man who can't be named" doesn't get charged its been dragging on and on, probably guaranteed us 7 to 10 points.
No surprise when considering the Chief of Police is a fan of the Redsox 39ers.
It would nor surprise though if the case is dropped the day after the season ends when a certain mysterious and fictitious Miss J. Klopp withdraws charges.

The thing I noticed more than anything was lack of replays of certain incidents. Robertson on Coleman in the first half, it looked like he tried to hit him, no replay, also the Mane incident, maybe one replay.
These are the incidents that are normally played over and over during the game, and certainly would have been the other way round.

Yeah, I hear you - you are right; admittedly my comment was very flippant and generalizing and a bit dismissive and what you rightly point out are very legitimate instances that could have possibly made a difference in our season. I fully agree we should have had a pen today (would it have mattered, who knows); a pen against City (same question), Allan red card was a yellow all day long.

But I don't think it's "corruption". Big team bias? Yeah maybe, but when's it ever been any different?! Almost every club in the league cries that. I do not dispute we've been on the wrong end of things, but it's the "extreme suggestion" that a bunch of suits are meeting in a dark, smokey room in secret like some 1990s X-Files episode, plotting our demise and setting the wheels in motion that makes me chuckle - especially when we've made mistake after mistake for fuch knows how long.

The illogical ranting and raving I have no time for. Your well-measured and well-put comment I'm largely in agreement with, to a degree, but not to the point it's "the man behind the curtain" that is taking us down.
Good points @Colonel Getafe , but all fans of all clubs will gripe. The thing is though, the only fans who have a real and prolonged gripe of wrongful decisions all are outside of the Scab Six clubs. I travel extensively, and believe me, this is a fact.
That is the major fact. VAR was introduced to ensure the difficult to spot situations were eradicated largely from the game. Truth is, they have introduced this technology, employed a greater amount of personnel, have slowed the game down with prolonged reviews and whilst doing so are, in essence, making more blunders now than ever before. The game is where the referees want it to be. Under their control.
Whoever pays the piper calls the tune. Which is why there so much anger when decisions such as yesterday happen, because it is now a collaboration of a referee, two referees assistants, a fourth official, the match assessor, the VAR monitor watcher, the assistant VAR monitor watcher, and the VAR station chief. A whole committee. Add in the referees chief and there are now as many governing the match as there are substitutes allowed who play the game. As I say, they get it wrong. Not only the the passages of play they check, but more importantly, the amount of passages of play they DON'T check.

The thing I noticed more than anything was lack of replays of certain incidents. Robertson on Coleman in the first half, it looked like he tried to hit him, no replay, also the Mane incident, maybe one replay.
These are the incidents that are normally played over and over during the game, and certainly would have been the other way round.
and talked about for literally years afterwards (Pickford, we are talking about you sunshine!)

Yeah I saw that, tried to say Newcastle are as big, no idea what metric he's using but I guess an ex kopite and Newcastle manager is pandering to his crowd there
When the Premier League began they were still in the lower leagues. And obviously they have been down a couple of times in recent years.

In contrast we’ve not been relegated for 70-odd years and we’ve won more league titles than anyone bar the so-called big 3.

I know they get bigger attendances than us but that’s because we have a small ground. If we remain in the Prem we will soon have larger attendances than them in our nee ground.

The same thing happened at the Van dyke Derby at Goodison, I remember the Robertson challenge on Allen not getting any airtime, I’m sure there was a handball preventing DCL from scoring that wasn’t shown as well as other incidents. BT Sports shown the game but they are equally as bad as Sky.

When the Premier League began they were still in the lower leagues. And obviously they have been down a couple of times in recent years.

In contrast we’ve not been relegated for 70-odd years and we’ve won more league titles than anyone bar the so-called big 3.

I know they get bigger attendances than us but that’s because we have a small ground. If we remain in the Prem we will soon have larger attendances than them in our nee ground.
Newcastle also being a one club city. Leeds the same. Any big city with only one team should be getting 40/50K+ attendances.

Why are we gaslighting everything and anybody on the back of this?
We're in trouble because of our own failings.

Sad. I'm off fellas. Can't be doing with the mental gymnastics anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.