Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either that mate or ffs for once don't allow him to turn onto his right foot, sick of the fact game after game against these our defenders actually show him onto the right, Pennington last year being the classic example...
We are an awful team at allowing space to opposition attackers, whether that be wingers who are invited to get crosses off or forwards to get shots off. There's a judgement call to be made to commit to getting close/challenging a player on the ball and standing off and keeping a team's shape - a call we almost always get completely wrong.

There's a timidity about us in that respect.

Under Koeman for a few months last season I thought we had that under control when we defended en masse as a team barring Lukaku. But it re-emerged toward the end of last season and is still a feature.

We are an awful team at allowing space to opposition attackers, whether that be wingers who are invited to get crosses off or forwards to get shots off. There's a judgement call to be made to commit to getting close/challenging a player on the ball and standing off and keeping a team's shape - a call we almost always get completely wrong.

There's a timidity about us in that respect.

Under Koeman for a few months last season I thought we had that under control when we defended en masse as a team barring Lukaku. But it re-emerged toward the end of last season and is still a feature.
Ya it's a huge weakness, hopefully Sam will be the first EFC manager in a long time to remind full backs that stopping crosses is a big part of their job too, while I'm the first to say our centre halves have been shocking they certainly haven't been helped by the half arsed faux intensity of our full backs

It's a defence mechanism from years of getting bummed by them no matter the state of the respective teams form etc coming into these games mate.

Think the game only goes one of two ways myself, either they run all over us - and Allardyce can't do anything about individuals bottling it and freezing, OR we actually roll back to the days when we get right into them and drag them into a game they won't want - a battle so to speak.

Need to have someone go right through both salah and mane early doors as well, ref won't want to give a early booking out during this - so have a chance to leave something on both and set a mark for the ref letting a lot of things go - which would suit us.

Them at the back - no matter how many mistakes they make in prior games, always seem to have one of those games no one 'f's up - hopefully that changes - as if they make an early mistake with Lovren and Moreno then it could unsettle them and give us a massive boost
We couldn’t beat that lot up the road to us for years at home then we did.. and went on a canny old run against them ;-)..ya never know they might just underestimate you and like you say get weighed into them and anything is possible!

Really?

I’ll admit to not having done my homework on that particular but.

It felt like he did (I even said it myself)- but then his record that I could find says he’s only beaten them 5 times as a manager. Although that is equivalent to over half of our premier league derby wins, so you know... hope.

Speaking of hope I have a feeling this match will be Star Wars: A New Hope.. with the FA Cup subsequently being the Empire strikes back.

Really?

I’ll admit to not having done my homework on that particular but.

Ok, maybe not Indian sign as such, but he's held his own in recent seasons taking a couple of wins and a couple of losses and a draw since 2014. That's very reasonable given the teams he's managed during that spell are West Ham, Sunderland and Palace.

Ok, maybe not Indian sign as such, but he's held his own in recent seasons taking a couple of wins and a couple of losses and a draw since 2014. That's very reasonable given the teams he's managed during that spell are West Ham, Sunderland and Palace.

DONT GET MY HOPES UP!!

It felt like he did (I even said it myself)- but then his record that I could find says he’s only beaten them 5 times as a manager. Although that is equivalent to over half of our premier league derby wins, so you know... hope.

Speaking of hope I have a feeling this match will be Star Wars: A New Hope.. with the FA Cup subsequently being the Empire strikes back.

Got a funny feeling it’ll be another pair of draws and a Goodison win.

Jeezus...sorry for any pessimism but we simply aren't beating them this Sunday, or any time soon for that matter. Did you see the first half against the mighty Huddersfield? Second half we got the goals but as soon as they pressed we looked shaky again (imo).

If Allardyce can turn around the performances and sort out our defence in under 8 days then I swear we should be checking his palms and feet for stigmata. They are going to tear strips off us on Sunday.

We will, however, beat the likes of Newcastle, Swansea and maybe even get draws at West Brom and Bournemouth away...that's our level just now and I'm happy enough with that because it's those types of results that will keep us safe. We might actually survive this debacle of a season (and I'm not convinced it's anything to do with Allardyce other than he might have put a rod up the hole of one or two who just haven't been trying hard enough).

Please make a crunt of me Everton. x

Rooney and Gylfi starting to look like the players we thought we were getting, especially the latter.

Kenny looking like he will develop into a half decent player. DCL working hard and even Williams has managed to get away with his many blunders.

It all can only mean one thing... 5-0 to them :drunk:

Sam loves games like this I bet he is licking his lips at prospect of turning klopp over .. seems a lot of you are already beat but I’m sure hel have the Everton players ready for this ..should be a lot closer than a lot of blues seem to think this time round

Horny-Sam-Allardyce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.