Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the full balance of play a very narrow loss is a fair reflection, but we should have had a point. A very heartening performance that is streets ahead of the football from last season.

I'm finding it hard to take any positives from this because yet again we've lost, yet again i've gotta go to work and listen to those wall pushing weapons bang on about how great they are, yet again everton find a way of out evertoning themselves in a derby

I´ve moved to Madrid and thought I´d be away from all that. The place is full of them. Accents from anywhere but Liverpool but they all support that lot. Unbelievable.

I know people don't want to read stuff like but you really should take the time too, it's the only way to keep your sanity.

Bemoaning our luck, calling the club cursed, saying stuff like "Everton that", keep carrying on that way and things will never get any better against them. Ever. You win or you learn, that's the motto you have to have in life and Silva, the team and the supporters need to use heartbreak like that to become even more united and together with one another as the season goes on. We're going in the right direction, we're still in the top 6, we've got the perfect game to bounce back with on Wednesday night.

You need to be proud of your club, in the good times and the bad. Just allowing yourself to fall into a hole of depression when something sickening happens means you'll never reach the success you want.

Come on Blues, don't sink. Any kopite tosser who wants to give it the big'un tomorrow, don't even rise to it. Be like Marco there with Das Beaut, show the class they can only dream of. They'll give up after the first hour when they realise you're not taking the bait. Just say "yeah well it doesn't matter, we'll just focus on Wednesday now". For the bitter shouts that will probably be the highlight of their season, they're not winning any trophies are they? Hit their ceiling and they know, hence why they haven't had the spring in their step all year because they know they're never going any higher than what they are. We've got loads of growing yet toar do and a sugar daddy to bankroll it.

Up the Blues.

Just had to explain to my 6 year old who is confused why mummy has gone mad at daddy for the language and breaking the glass top of coffee table that he will go through life and have to accept we are cursed and will never consistently have the upper hand over that lot, even if we win 10 titles on the trot we will lose the derbies.

Sat here in his Everton pyjamas, I feel for him.
My wife told me off for using the c word when Klopp's face appeared in close up. Fortunately, we don't have a coffee table.

Does klopp get a fine for that?

God, who cares?

In his position, I would do exactly the same, though I would probably kick in an advertising board or something too.

Don't concede a ridiculous goal in the last minute of a tight derby and none of that happens.

We actually played well today but it does not matter. We lost via a stupid goal in the last minute of a derby. Again. That is all anyone will remember.

Pickford can bog off, He is not arrogant or believing his own hype or whatever people are saying, he is just prone to doing something crap. It can happen, it should not happen in the 95th minute of a derby under zero pressure though.

The cycle continues, nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.