• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goat

Player Valuation: £150m
Kevin-Campbell.jpg

Say say two thousand zero zero party over, oops, out of time
So tonight I'm gonna party like it's nineteen ninety-nine

September 1999, the world was planning for the millennium bug to destroy the world, Everton won a league Derby at Anfield, fast forward 19 years and the world is planning for World War 3 and twitter rules the world and we still wait.

Could this year finally be it? The voodoo curse lifted, form means nothing in these games, it never has, hell even the quality of the teams has meant very little over the years, its about 11 v 11 and who wants it more, year after year we have been found wanting, sure we have had a few near misses over the years, but finally we appear to have a manager who wont be afraid, personally im already bricking it.

We slogged out the 3 points versus Cardiff last game, winning ugly is something all the better teams do and that was certainly ugly, but we will need to find something extra to grab the 3 points here. Thankfully our midfield is vastly superior, which im hoping will give us the edge. Remember when Kieta had 1 good game and everybody was claiming he was the best player in the world? LOL. We all know what these are about, the 2 pacey lads up top, stop them and our task becomes much easier.

Cant see many changes for this, given how bright and tricky Lookman was yesterday I can see him being the only change, Rico didnt really play well yesterday, but this doesnt strike me as the game for Tosun, so for me he gets another chance and a chance to write his name in the history books.

Goats 11 to start :

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Digne
Gana
Gomes - Iceland
Lookman - Rico - Bernard
I was dreamin' when I wrote this, so sue me if I go too fast
But life is just a party and parties weren't meant to last
War is all around us, my mind says prepare to fight
So if I gotta die I'm gonna listen to my body tonight

I can’t see anything other than that lot winning, because it’s largely what happens there, but I can see how/why this is out best chance in a while to pull it out of the bag.

I think that lineup is very likely, however, I wouldn’t mind seeing Richarlison put back out to the left and DCL starting up front. I think Richy might be shackled by their centre halves otherwise, like he was yesterday. Bernard and Walcott on the bench and Lookman in on the right.

Lol DCL starting he'll be absolutely victimised by Gomez and Van Dijk.

I trust Silva in who he picks but for me I think Coleman is a liability at the back and I can see Mane / Salah with Robertson over lapping having the run of him.

For me go 3 at the back and have the extra CB in the box just incase Seamus is done for pace.

Keane Mina Zouma

Even when Liverpool get any joy those 3 will be big presences in the box to get it away.

I trust Silva in who he picks but for me I think Coleman is a liability at the back and I can see Mane / Salah with Robertson over lapping having the run of him.

For me go 3 at the back and have the extra CB in the box just incase Seamus is done for pace.

Keane Mina Zouma

Even when Liverpool get any joy those 3 will be big presences in the box to get it away.

I get your thinking, but if we sit back with 3 CBs they will destroy us.

We need to get at them.

Think it's going to be a bit of a reality check. I still don't think we are playing great and the Chelsea result was a decent performance but mostly a stuttering one from Chelsea.

3-1 to Liverpool sadly.

(IMHO)

Can't see us rolling over for this one, Marco wouldn't allow it.

An Everton win makes me think of the glorious aftermath...a Klopp fuming, a title race damaged, a first league defeat for them this season. But I know not to get my hopes up so 0-0 will do.

I get your thinking, but if we sit back with 3 CBs they will destroy us.

We need to get at them.

I agree although I dont think its sitting back providing the midfield and wing backs push up when in possession.

I think it was evident in the Chelsea game 2nd half we were on the ropes a little when they committed more attacking players until Jags came on and we switched to 3 at the back in which we looked much more durable.

If Silva can treak the tactics and have us sitting deeper I think we can get at them.

Pickford

Keane Mina Zouma

Coleman Gana Gomes Digne

Siggurdsson

Walcott Richarlison

Or

Pickford

Keane Mina Zouma

Coleman Gana Gomes Digne

Gyfi Bernard

Richarlison

Could even go more central and go with a 3-4-2-1 and win the battle in the middle.

I think this one is a free hit and its worth Silva trying something to catch Klopp out. I would be fine if we left it as it is however I just think our right handed side is a big problem if Walcott and Coleman are not at the races and we could do with a 3rd man at the back just to keep us in the game and hope we nick a goal or two on the break / from a set piece (lol).

Last edited:

Keane Mina Zouma

I have faith in DCL but even if you’re right, he’s still doing a job as a foil for Richy. TAA is by far their weakest defensive link and I’d want Richarlison terrorising him rather than repeatedly running into their brick walls.

Status
Not open for further replies.