Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you play Liverpool you're often at your most weak when you have the ball. They swarm you and then hit you with pace. The only weak point they have is that one of their CBs (Lovren) doesn't like turning and they also struggle to break teams down who don't think give them space in behind.

With this in mind, I would play a very, very deep back four. Keep a strong shape, let Liverpool have the ball (not that we'll have much choice) and look to hit them on the break via the channels. Long balls over the top to get them running back at goal.

Team:

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina
Sidibie schneiderlin Digne
Davies Iwobi
DCL Richarlison

keep it compact, practically able to get man to man and ask DCL and Richarlison to run into the channels after the long balls.

if you try and play against these, you get smashed.

You need to be a prime member, theirs a 30 day free trial that you can use if you don't already have an account.. No such luck in Ireland even though we pay the same for prime the games are only going to be shown in the UK, need the eir bundle to see the game in Ireland.
It's on Premier channel over here, that's not on the eir bundle.

I normally end up gearing myself up after all the dread before the game and dream at some stage. Can’t see that happening this time I know SIlva is not long for this job. Just feels like I’m looking forward to Thursday’s sacking and can’t imagine a win.

When you play Liverpool you're often at your most weak when you have the ball. They swarm you and then hit you with pace. The only weak point they have is that one of their CBs (Lovren) doesn't like turning and they also struggle to break teams down who don't think give them space in behind.

With this in mind, I would play a very, very deep back four. Keep a strong shape, let Liverpool have the ball (not that we'll have much choice) and look to hit them on the break via the channels. Long balls over the top to get them running back at goal.

Team:

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina
Davies Iwobi
DCL Richarlison

keep it compact, practically able to get man to man and ask DCL and Richarlison to run into the channels after the long balls.

Kinda reminds me of how we got that draw there when lovren fouled DCL and Rooney scored penalty. Tbh I would also like to see 3 at the back again with 2 man midfield of Davies and Delph then Kean and richarlison up top with Iwobi behind.

We play Liverpool on Wednesday in the league then on the 4th of January in the FA cup, if both teams win the quarter final of the league cup there could be 2 more games against them home and away, so potentially 4 Derbies within 5 weeks, if the FA cup is a draw there will be a replay.....So who's up for 5 Games against Liverpool between now and the start of February?
We won't need 5 games mate. We'll win them all. So what if they're top of the league. Beating them twice now will hurt them. Avit

We play Liverpool on Wednesday in the league then on the 4th of January in the FA cup, if both teams win the quarter final of the league cup there could be 2 more games against them home and away, so potentially 4 Derbies within 5 weeks, if the FA cup is a draw there will be a replay.....So who's up for 5 Games against Liverpool between now and the start of February?

Luckily for us there’s only 6 points at stake.
We were never gonna win a cup anyway.

Team:

Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina
Davies Iwobi
DCL Richarlison

Beni in place of Schneiderlin and Kean in place of DCL.

With Beni in the side will keep Davies in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.