Match Thread Liverpool v Everton, April 20th KO 20:00

Are you sick of the fact we can see their monstrosity of a new stand from everywhere in the city?

• Yes

Votes: 287 74.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 96 25.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

What can you do. Absolutely, the worst defensive Everton squad in recent memory. I am not pulling any punches with this observation. After this humiliating defeat surely all resources will be needed to find replacements in a big hurry for next season. This just can not go on and on and on.

I'll probably get shot down for suggesting this, but I actually reckon that tactics tonight were to go out and have a go for 20 minutes, and if we hadn't scored by then, we then drop deep too keep it tight, and try and nick one break.

Here he comes...

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It was a disaster. A horrible showing that started with the best intentions but ended up with the inability to get the basics right. We forgot to defend the box and gave them a soft two-goal lead. We got emotional with the red card and from then on Gareth Barry was injured and John Stones was ill, it was a chain reaction. A disaster. An impossible experience.

"It is a challenge [Funes Mori] that he should avoid. He got carreid away with the emotion of a derby, he got carried away. Probably a red card, I can understand it or maybe a yellow. The top and bottom is that we didn't cope with the emotions of the occasion. A feeling of embarrassment.

"It is a huge game for us on Saturday in the FA Cup which is the only good thing. We will be hurting for a long, long time but we need to react quickly for the game on Saturday. We are strong enough to react but we are short at centre-back now."

That was painful. Never witnessed anything quite like that in 36 years watching Everton. Glad Im all the way over here in Alaska.

RM has completely lost the plot.
Lukaku can get lost, 50 million for you thanks.
Funes Mori should never be allowed to play again - don't need donkeys like that at our club.
Peanuts is done.
Barkley was useless.
Actually, apart from Robles, they all were.

Two positives from the game: Martinez must go now, and will just depends when. And Liverpool need to be careful with their gloating - they only scored 4 out of 37 or so shots. That's bad! :D

Already been told his contract isn't being renewed

Status
Not open for further replies.