Lincoln city

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that doesnt come back to bite you on the bum
Ive got a wager on us winning this cup and im nervous already!
We really shouldn’t fear Lincoln because of our own stature versus their own, but equally we need to respect their own ambition.

If we don’t beat them, then we’ll have seriously underperformed and it will be indefensible; however, the likelihood of us losing should be slim.

I reckon he should start Mirallas, Tosun, Niasse and maybe Bolasie to give them one more chance in the shop window.

Only joking

I still can't believe the time fans stood and applauded Steven Naismith knocking us out the league cup third round. The same fans who want us to win something!
Deulofeu the other day. Spent the whole game diving and literally threw himself to the floor in the box in front of the Gwladys street and the crowd gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed off. He wasn’t even particularly good for us lol

Deulofeu the other day. Spent the whole game diving and literally threw himself to the floor in the box in front of the Gwladys street and the crowd gave him a standing ovation when he was subbed off. He wasn’t even particularly good for us lol

I dont mind clapping when his name is read out and barring a few good goals here and there he is far from a club great.

We really shouldn’t fear Lincoln because of our own stature versus their own, but equally we need to respect their own ambition.

If we don’t beat them, then we’ll have seriously underperformed and it will be indefensible; however, the likelihood of us losing should be slim.
We struggled to beat them last season. I imagine they’ve improved since then. Our defense has as well, but we might well struggle to score. Shouldn’t be taking them lightly.

I really wanted him to score so i could celebrate like a mad man

Totally agree, I don't understand the love-in with Deulofeu at all, he really wasn't the player our fans seem to have this memory of.
I disagreed wholeheartedly with the ovation he received

Start the strongest 11 we can select, if we go 2/3 up then we can think about taking off key players and giving the fringe players a go rather than bringing our best players on to chase a game.

We struggled to beat them last season. I imagine they’ve improved since then. Our defense has as well, but we might well struggle to score. Shouldn’t be taking them lightly.
Being entirely honest, I wouldn’t say we struggled as we scored two early goals and then eased off, which then allowed Lincoln to get a goal back.

We certainty didn’t make it easy for ourselves, but like I’ve said earlier that was down to our own performance; if we perform, we should win.

My whole point is that while we shouldn’t be complacent - we must respect all opponents - we really should be turning these over.

As an Evertonian living in Lincoln, I'm a little worried about the upcoming match. Lincoln have a great little thing going at the moment. 4 matches, 4 wins. Hopefully we don't take it too lightly. A good cup run, winning breeds confidence and all that.
I'd never admit that in public

Status
Not open for further replies.