Lincoln city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pointing out a potential banana skin. I.E embarrassing if you don't spot it.
They've won promotion twice in 3 yrs, qf of f.a cup (getting further than us I might add) and have won f.a trophy
Every game is a banana skin. We need belief. Hopefully having ex Barca players will help, as opposed to ex Wigan/Russia's not-player of the year.

We might lose because we 100% should not play Keane and Mina and that means Holgate and Gibson which just isn't very good. It is what it is.

As an Evertonian living in Lincoln, I'm a little worried about the upcoming match. Lincoln have a great little thing going at the moment. 4 matches, 4 wins. Hopefully we don't take it too lightly. A good cup run, winning breeds confidence and all that.
I'm worried about who he plays, has to be the strongest side we have, no rotation, no blooding youngsters, all out for the win.

I'm worried about who he plays, has to be the strongest side we have, no rotation, no blooding youngsters, all out for the win.
Why? We are 5 rounds from the final and we have two first team level center backs and our midfield is already having injury issues. Digne seems fine but he went off injured too. I'd be shocked if he didn't rest a good chunk of the back four and given how we are relying on them that might be trouble but the PL is where it's at.

Why? We are 5 rounds from the final and we have two first team level center backs and our midfield is already having injury issues. Digne seems fine but he went off injured too. I'd be shocked if he didn't rest a good chunk of the back four and given how we are relying on them that might be trouble but the PL is where it's at.
Because it embarrassing that we haven't won a cup since 1995,, so right now it's far more important then the league.
Cant mess about with fringe players, obviously injury will dictate, but we play the Friday before and the Sunday after, so strongest 11 is fine.

Because it embarrassing that we haven't won a cup since 1995,, so right now it's far more important then the league.
Cant mess about with fringe players, obviously injury will dictate, but we play the Friday before and the Sunday after, so strongest 11 is fine.
It's just as embarrassing going around parading the League Cup as the thing that shows we are back in the big time. I'd love to win it but I prefer we give everything for a competitive league campaign and save it for the FA Cup when we don't have to play midweek. And despite the myth that it is easier to win the League Cup it really isn't.

It's just as embarrassing going around parading the League Cup as the thing that shows we are back in the big time. I'd love to win it but I prefer we give everything for a competitive league campaign and save it for the FA Cup when we don't have to play midweek. And despite the myth that it is easier to win the League Cup it really isn't.
No its hard to win because it's important, as for competitive league campaign, if you think were getting close to City your getting a bit carried away.

No its hard to win because it's important, as for competitive league campaign, if you think were getting close to City your getting a bit carried away.
No we aren't. But if we find some degree of attacking consistency we could make a run at the 4th-5th range. And beyond that we can show that we are in the same class as those teams with some top displays.

What do we think the starting 11 will be? A mix of the reserves and the new players? Maybe we will need a couple of first teamers to start, just because I think we are lacking in genuine depth in certain areas, like CB and LW. I think the line up could be something like this, depending on injuries between now and then;

GK LOSSL
LB BAINES
CB HOLGATE
CB MINA/ KEANE
RB SIDIBE
DM DELPH
CM DAVIES
AM IWOBI
LW RICHARLISON / BERNARD
CF KEAN
RW WALCOTT

I still think this should be good enough to beat the imps, I guess there is just a danger that with so many changes and new players we would be a bit disjointed

Status
Not open for further replies.