Match Thread Lincoln City vs Everton - Carabao Cup, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
THe crticism is much too hard after that game ,we were atrocious last weekend ,had new lads in ,they scored with their first attack ,they came back to draw and we looked much brighter on the ball spraying long passes .We won and they were at no time out of it until Richarlison gave them the shoulder ,give some credit lads ,we all know the game is about confidence as much as skill.

The attitude was great for me. Looked like we wanted to win it. Pickford running the length of the pitch to snarl is a good sign.
Brilliant goal from our handsome left back.
Kean looked dangerous, once he’s a little sharper he will bury those chances.
We always looked like we would do enough to get through

Who is that ugly ponytailed tit who was acting the hardman when pushing Sig into the net and trying to break Richi's leg near the end?

Only saw the last 30mins

Defense was a shambles
Pickford the absolute loon running the entire pitch to get involved in something that had nothing to do with him.
Great to see goals for the new and existing players in the team.
Wolves will be tough unless our defense turns up.

the thing I'll say is we always looked in control even though we went behind and 2-2 which never happened at Milwall, It was a comfortable win, We had like 74% possession in the first half add in that Iwobi/Sidibe/Delph were getting first starts as well so while we had a strong team on paper some of these lads have barely played with each other apart from kick about in training.

THe crticism is much too hard after that game ,we were atrocious last weekend ,had new lads in ,they scored with their first attack ,they came back to draw and we looked much brighter on the ball spraying long passes .We won and they were at no time out of it until Richarlison gave them the shoulder ,give some credit lads ,we all know the game is about confidence as much as skill.
Haha what? We were playing an absolutely woeful team that fortunately weren’t fit as us and loved a good foul.

We look terrible in attack (until they got knackered and gaps opened up) honestly cannot remember the last time we scored anything through the middle of the park that wasn’t a set piece.

We’ll get bummed sixways on Sunday.

....I remember beating University College Dublin by the skin of our teeth in the first round of the 1985 European Cup Winners Cup. It’s the cup, a decent team was selected and we got through a difficult looking game.

A real struggle at times, but I'd have happily taken 4-2 before kick off.

Haha what? We were playing an absolutely woeful team that fortunately weren’t fit as us and loved a good foul.

We look terrible in attack (until they got knackered and gaps opened up) honestly cannot remember the last time we scored anything through the middle of the park that wasn’t a set piece.

We’ll get bummed sixways on Sunday.
I look forward to your "Great performance, I knew we'd win really, I was just geeing up the team." on Sunday evening.

I am satisfied with the performance and the win

, its was a typical early round cup game between a P/L and lower league side on their patch , which is always upset material

Admittidely defensively we looked shaky , but overall we kept our shape , good ball retention and slick passing , created numerous chances at one count 8 corners to 0 in the 1st half

Digne was class , I like the look of Iwobi , and Kean , Delph was alright , , Richarlson looks a bit out of sorts , missed two chances but got a confidence boosting goal

Sheffield Wednesday next - away , should be a cracker !

Status
Not open for further replies.