Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defo not right.

Jordan Pickford: It is with some hesitation that I find myself selecting Jordan Pickford for my team of the week.

It was Pickford who put Virgil van Dijk out of the previous Merseyside derby with an awful challenge that went unpunished.

However, football moves on very quickly and Pickford seemed intent on inflicting even more pain on Liverpool, this time, on his return to Anfield. The England goalkeeper made a number of first-class saves, not least from Jordan Henderson's volley.

I can't imagine the reception Pickford would have received had Liverpool fans been in the ground. Like on so many occasions, the absence of supporters has made such a huge difference.

Richarlison: If Liverpool's title race was not entirely over after their defeat against Manchester City it certainly is now.

Jordan Henderson's departure from their defeat against Everton has sealed that. The one player who might have galvanised a last-minute challenge to what seems an unassailable Manchester City lead might have been Henderson.

Once the England midfielder went off injured that was the end of that. However, Everton seem to have got Richarlison playing again.

Had it cut and ready to paste in this morning but forgot while getting ready for work. Was going to mention the Richarlison ‘pick’ as well, the ferret writes 2 or 3 paragraphs about Henderson, barely mentioning Rich. Crooks is a massive massive tool and comes across as a self righteous tit as well.

Jordan Pickford: It is with some hesitation that I find myself selecting Jordan Pickford for my team of the week.

It was Pickford who put Virgil van Dijk out of the previous Merseyside derby with an awful challenge that went unpunished.

However, football moves on very quickly and Pickford seemed intent on inflicting even more pain on Liverpool, this time, on his return to Anfield. The England goalkeeper made a number of first-class saves, not least from Jordan Henderson's volley.

I can't imagine the reception Pickford would have received had Liverpool fans been in the ground. Like on so many occasions, the absence of supporters has made such a huge difference.

Did you know? Pickford made six saves during Everton's win at Liverpool - the joint-most he's managed in a Premier League game this season (also six in the other Merseyside derby).

Michael Keane: You have to go back to 1924 to find the last time Liverpool lost four consecutive league games.

One of the main reasons for this latest defeat was the performance of Michael Keane. This was without doubt the best game I've seen him have for Everton. His recovery after Andrew Robertson squeezed a reverse pass through his legs for Sadio Mane was out of this world.

The Senegal international was about to pull the trigger when Keane made the best one-footed tackle you'll ever see and at a crucial time of the match. This was an outstanding performance by Keane and a historic one for Everton.

Did you know? Keane cleared the ball 13 times in the 2-0 victory over Liverpool, only Ben Mee (v Liverpool) and Joachim Andersen (v Manchester United) have made more clearances in a Premier League game this season.

Had it cut and ready to paste in this morning but forgot while getting ready for work. Was going to mention the Richarlison ‘pick’ as well, the ferret writes 2 or 3 paragraphs about Henderson, barely mentioning Rich. Crooks is a massive massive tool and comes across as a self righteous tit as well.
One wishes that one could find an argument for the sentiments you expressed here Robert however after the requisite nanosecond of due consideration and having weighed up all the evidence presented, one finds oneself in total and utter agreement ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.