Match Thread LFC 0-2 Everton 20 Feb 21 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defo not right.

Jordan Pickford: It is with some hesitation that I find myself selecting Jordan Pickford for my team of the week.

It was Pickford who put Virgil van Dijk out of the previous Merseyside derby with an awful challenge that went unpunished.

However, football moves on very quickly and Pickford seemed intent on inflicting even more pain on Liverpool, this time, on his return to Anfield. The England goalkeeper made a number of first-class saves, not least from Jordan Henderson's volley.

I can't imagine the reception Pickford would have received had Liverpool fans been in the ground. Like on so many occasions, the absence of supporters has made such a huge difference.

Richarlison: If Liverpool's title race was not entirely over after their defeat against Manchester City it certainly is now.

Jordan Henderson's departure from their defeat against Everton has sealed that. The one player who might have galvanised a last-minute challenge to what seems an unassailable Manchester City lead might have been Henderson.

Once the England midfielder went off injured that was the end of that. However, Everton seem to have got Richarlison playing again.

He’s an absolute freak. Looks like an alien too.

Defo not right.

Jordan Pickford: It is with some hesitation that I find myself selecting Jordan Pickford for my team of the week.

It was Pickford who put Virgil van Dijk out of the previous Merseyside derby with an awful challenge that went unpunished.

However, football moves on very quickly and Pickford seemed intent on inflicting even more pain on Liverpool, this time, on his return to Anfield. The England goalkeeper made a number of first-class saves, not least from Jordan Henderson's volley.

I can't imagine the reception Pickford would have received had Liverpool fans been in the ground. Like on so many occasions, the absence of supporters has made such a huge difference.

Richarlison: If Liverpool's title race was not entirely over after their defeat against Manchester City it certainly is now.

Jordan Henderson's departure from their defeat against Everton has sealed that. The one player who might have galvanised a last-minute challenge to what seems an unassailable Manchester City lead might have been Henderson.

Once the England midfielder went off injured that was the end of that. However, Everton seem to have got Richarlison playing again.
That seems too coherent for Crooks, he must have a ghost writer.

Didn't we also fume (and rightly so) when Coleman consoled Son after doing a number on Gomes?

If some people did then they are idiots, I would have done the same as Coleman. Absolutely no intent to injure from either Son or Pickford, no issue with players talking to other players after or during the game. Richarlison having a laugh with Ederson & Jesus, after getting beat, again absolutely no issues from this adult.

In fact that is why Coleman is seen as a great guy, he saw a fellow human in distress and looked to calm him down.

That team is a joke.

Ancelotti has lost the plot.
He’s gone for a draw here, with no attempt of even trying to win.

He probably thinks we’ll all be made up to finish in the top 10.
Coleman should NEVER be starting games for us.
Ancelotti, on one of the world’s highest managerial wages, and that’s the dross he comes up with.
Carlo Allardyce.

It’s funny how a name can make people view football entirely differently.

Fat Sam puts that team out and there’s be chaos in here.
How can’t Ancelotti see what is going to happen here?!
Are you watching what we’re all watching, Carlo?
Make any substitution but that one
We won’t attack today so the RS won’t have to worry that they’ve got midfielders playing at centre half.

Ancelotti will let them dictate the entire game. Nailed on.

Hi mate.

Maybe you could come back after the event and give some praise?

Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.